We’re all familiar with Supa Golf in the Swan Valley, but did you know that there is also a Supa Golf course south of the river? There’s a 9 hole Supa Golf course at Melville Golf Centre!
Supa golf is different to regular golf and mini golf, it’s like a hybrid of the two. There are fairways and greens, like in regular golf, though they are much shorter. The balls and clubs are bigger, making them easier to hit. Super golf is a great introduction to golf for children. And a game that the whole family can enjoy together.
We collected our golf clubs (which come in adults and kids sizes), our score sheet and balls from the pro shop, where there are refreshments for sale. That’s where you’ll find the toilets too.
Each buggy contains 4 golf clubs. A “big boy” for teeing off, a regular club “the striker”, an angled wedge for giving some lift to get out of tricky situations and a “putta” for the greens.
The grassy course is a little hilly and there’s not much shade, so make sure you slip, slop, slap!
It’s essentially a par 3 course, so none of the holes take a long time to play. Making it great for younger kids with short attention spans.
The mini golf is challenging. There are a few obstacles, “bunkers”, bushes and slopes – just to make things difficult. Chef found his ball stuck in a big clump of bamboo.
I like supa golf as it makes his golf game worse (he’s quite good at regular golf) and really improves my game! The large equipment helps Little Chef too, so it’s a really even playing ground for us all.
I even got the only birdie of the game! Chef was NOT impressed. Melville Golf Centre also has a driving range and putting green for those who want to improve their skills.
We enjoyed it, Chef and I drew, with Little Chef not far behind. Supa Golf is a “hole” lot of family fun!
Find Melville Supa Golf at 18 Dimond Court, Leeming
- Mount Helena Tavern, Mount Helena - February 18, 2019
- Mount Flora Museum, Watermans Bay - February 14, 2019
- Chakra, Inglewood - February 11, 2019
- Zephyr Café, East Fremantle - February 10, 2019
- The Little Bay, Watermans Bay - February 6, 2019
- Mistelle, Bickley - February 4, 2019
- Jaffle Shack, West Perth - January 25, 2019
- Village Coffee, Marmion - January 23, 2019
- Golden Ponds, Baldivis - January 15, 2019
- Watermans Bay Beach and Playground - January 10, 2019