We’re all familiar with Supa Golf in the Swan Valley, but did you know that there is also a Supa Golf course south of the river? There’s a 9 hole Supa Golf course at Melville Golf Centre!
Supa golf is different to regular golf and mini golf, it’s like a hybrid of the two. There are fairways and greens, like in regular golf, though they are much shorter. The balls and clubs are bigger, making them easier to hit. Super golf is a great introduction to golf for children. And a game that the whole family can enjoy together.
We collected our golf clubs (which come in adults and kids sizes), our score sheet and balls from the pro shop, where there are refreshments for sale. That’s where you’ll find the toilets too.
Each buggy contains 4 golf clubs. A “big boy” for teeing off, a regular club “the striker”, an angled wedge for giving some lift to get out of tricky situations and a “putta” for the greens.
The grassy course is a little hilly and there’s not much shade, so make sure you slip, slop, slap!
It’s essentially a par 3 course, so none of the holes take a long time to play. Making it great for younger kids with short attention spans.
The mini golf is challenging. There are a few obstacles, “bunkers”, bushes and slopes – just to make things difficult. Chef found his ball stuck in a big clump of bamboo.
I like supa golf as it makes his golf game worse (he’s quite good at regular golf) and really improves my game! The large equipment helps Little Chef too, so it’s a really even playing ground for us all.
I even got the only birdie of the game! Chef was NOT impressed. Melville Golf Centre also has a driving range and putting green for those who want to improve their skills.
We enjoyed it, Chef and I drew, with Little Chef not far behind. Supa Golf is a “hole” lot of family fun!
Find Melville Supa Golf at 18 Dimond Court, Leeming
- The Best Chocolate Cafes in Perth and South West WA - April 10, 2019
- Perth Night Noodle Market, Elizabeth Quay - April 6, 2019
- Coode Street Jetty Walk, South Perth - March 31, 2019
- Swan Settlers Markets, Herne Hill - March 29, 2019
- Rottnest Fast Ferries, Hillarys - March 28, 2019
- Swan Valley Fresh Seasonal Produce Trail - March 25, 2019
- May Street Larder at The Mezz, Mount Hawthorn - March 25, 2019
- The Best Family Friendly Shopping Centres in Perth - March 22, 2019
- West Coast Drive Coastal Walk - March 21, 2019
- Kalamunda Farmers Market, Kalamunda - March 15, 2019