I’ve always heard great things about Moore and Moore Café in Fremantle, found in a heritage listed building on Henry Street.
It’s in a beaut location, just a stone’s throw from the Fishing Boat Harbour, Esplanade Park, Round House and Cappuccino strip. You’ll find the eclectic café in the Moores building, a beautifully rustic warehouse which is also home to a contemporary art gallery. Kids will enjoy looking around some of the vibrant art works!
For the kiddies there’s not one but two areas in the back courtyard where they can play. There’s an Astroturfed kid’s corner for toddlers that’s full of toys, a little table and a blackboard too.
A more recent addition is the shady nature play area with sandpit, balancing logs, trucks and boat, as well as some brilliant climbing ladders and ropes that older kids will enjoy.
The back courtyard has plenty of seating nearby to these play areas. Or sit inside, where it tends to be a little quieter.
The coffee is excellent. Another Buggybuddys blogger, Alison, thinks their cakes are divine!
There’s a kids brunch menu.
Little Chef chose the ham and cheese croissant, which was beautifully presented and served with a delicious house-made sauce.
He loved the creamy kids iced chocolate too!
Everyone on our table was pleased as punch with their food choices. The menu has a lot of options and locally scoured, organic produce. With everything from sweet and savoury brunch offerings, as well as lunch options and a cabinet full of raw treats, cake and more. The grilled potato cake (below), with egg, broccoli, pesto and bacon was a winner!
If you’re in Freo with the kids Moore and Moore is an excellent spot to stop by for a coffee and bite to eat with kids in tow.
- High Tea in Perth with Kids - May 22, 2019
- The Ultimate guide to Swap Meets in Perth - May 13, 2019
- Latitude Birthday Party, Joondalup - May 9, 2019
- The Round House, Fremantle - May 9, 2019
- The Duke, Carramar - April 30, 2019
- The Best Chocolate Cafes in Perth and South West WA - April 10, 2019
- Perth Night Noodle Market, Elizabeth Quay - April 6, 2019
- Coode Street Jetty Walk, South Perth - March 31, 2019
- Swan Settlers Markets, Herne Hill - March 29, 2019
- Rottnest Fast Ferries, Hillarys - March 28, 2019