Today I did a fitness class with Mums on a Mission. If I’m honest I didn’t know what to expect as I’ve found some fitness groups for mums to not push me enough and most I’ve found aren’t really suitable to bring toddlers along to. Well I was certainly challenged! and Mums on a Mission welcome children coming along to save the hassle and cost of a crèche.
I did the metafit group fitness, at Whitfords Nodes Park in Hillarys, with trainer Clair. A great aspect was that the exercises we were doing were suitable for all fitness types. We were shown how to modify to go a bit harder or to make it low impact if needed and those with injuries were given alternative exercises where required.
There were mums with baby’s only a few months old, mums with toddlers and mums who didn’t bring their kids along – everyone had a great time and we were encouraged to work to our own pace and level while working hard. I have been working out at home for awhile but I was well and truly puffed by the end of today’s workout.
We were set up right next to the playground so the kids had a ball copying our exercises, running around on the grass or playing together on the playground. It’s a great morning out for them too.
Mums on a Mission is more than just a fitness class. They’ve created a community of like-minded mums who support each other and help each other achieve their goals. The goal of Mums on a Mission is to create a balanced lifestyle and they focus on exercise, nutrition and mindset.
Mums on Mission offer different types of fitness classes across 3 locations, Hillarys, Burns Beach and Wangara, as well as personal training sessions.
I thoroughly enjoyed my work out today and being able to watch my girls while they were outside, in the fresh air, having fun too, just made it the perfect morning!
- Riverton Bar & Grill, Riverton - March 6, 2019
- Theo & Co. Pizzeria, East Victoria Park - February 17, 2019
- Gymbakids, LeisureFit Melville - February 17, 2019
- Pimlott & Strand, Dianella - January 18, 2019
- Embargo on the Point, Perth - December 20, 2018
- Swan Active, Midland - December 5, 2018
- Maylands Library, Maylands - November 7, 2018
- Inflatable World, Ballajura - October 10, 2018
- AH Bracks Library, Melville - September 27, 2018
- 2018 IGA Perth Royal Show - September 25, 2018