Today I did a fitness class with Mums on a Mission. If I’m honest I didn’t know what to expect as I’ve found some fitness groups for mums to not push me enough and most I’ve found aren’t really suitable to bring toddlers along to. Well I was certainly challenged! and Mums on a Mission welcome children coming along to save the hassle and cost of a crèche.
I did the metafit group fitness, at Whitfords Nodes Park in Hillarys, with trainer Clair. A great aspect was that the exercises we were doing were suitable for all fitness types. We were shown how to modify to go a bit harder or to make it low impact if needed and those with injuries were given alternative exercises where required.
There were mums with baby’s only a few months old, mums with toddlers and mums who didn’t bring their kids along – everyone had a great time and we were encouraged to work to our own pace and level while working hard. I have been working out at home for awhile but I was well and truly puffed by the end of today’s workout.
We were set up right next to the playground so the kids had a ball copying our exercises, running around on the grass or playing together on the playground. It’s a great morning out for them too.
Mums on a Mission is more than just a fitness class. They’ve created a community of like-minded mums who support each other and help each other achieve their goals. The goal of Mums on a Mission is to create a balanced lifestyle and they focus on exercise, nutrition and mindset.
Mums on Mission offer different types of fitness classes across 3 locations, Hillarys, Burns Beach and Wangara, as well as personal training sessions.
I thoroughly enjoyed my work out today and being able to watch my girls while they were outside, in the fresh air, having fun too, just made it the perfect morning!
- Tiago Kitchen & Coffee House, Joondalup - July 9, 2018
- Make it Rain at Carillon City Perth - July 4, 2018
- Reuse, Recycle and Repurpose, Belmont Forum - July 3, 2018
- Pax + Co, Mt Lawley - June 19, 2018
- Bar Botanik, North Perth - June 19, 2018
- Staircase to the Moon, Broome - June 14, 2018
- Central Broome/Chinatown - June 14, 2018
- Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures, Broome - June 14, 2018
- Mighty Jungle Indoor Play Centre, Morley - June 5, 2018
- Kindy Free Play at West Coast Gymnastics, Malaga - June 5, 2018