The Mundaring Hotel is over a century old, and it’s recently enjoyed a little freshen up by new owners. They also run the popular Parkerville Hotel.
Found in the heart of Mundaring, opposite the Sculpture Park, there’s a number of different areas to sit and enjoy a pub meal after a play in the park.
Chillax in the beer garden, by the kids playground, or sit indoors in the lounge, or lovely restaurant.
We enjoyed the spring sunshine in the beer garden. There’s plenty of tables on the lawn, as well as a paved terrace area. Like the Parky, there is minimal table service outside, so order at the bar and your food will be brought to you. This area is not table service so we had to order and collect our food inside.
Little Chef was happy to play on the playground. The partially shaded area is fenced on three sides with open access to the outdoor seating area. The sand based play area has two structures – a sort of fort-like tunnel area with slide, as well as a wooden cubby house with attached swings, climbing wall and slide.
There are also activity/colouring packs for sale in the bar.
The menu includes traditional pub grub and daily specials, like a Sunday roast. My lunch, a GF option of the homemade beef cheeks pie ($27). Slow cooked braised beef cheeks in port wine with vegetables and mash. Originally the incorrect meal came out, and I was left waiting by the waiter, who I had to prompt a second time to check with the kitchen for me. Besides having to wait about 10+ mins for a replacement dish, it was very tasty.
Little Chef ordered the mac and cheese. It got two thumbs up and also came with a slice of garlic bread.
There’s a few other kids options on the menu…
Dogs are welcome too!
We enjoyed our visit to the Mundaring Hotel and found the food to be tasty, though the service could have been more efficient. The playground kept Little Chef entertained while waiting for the food and allowed us to finish ours in peace too.
Mundaring Hotel – The Details
Find the Mundaring Hotel at the corner of Jacoby and Nichol Streets, Mundaring.
For more information visit mundaringhotel.com.au
Find more family friendly restaurants in Perth here.
- Best Kid Friendly Cafes for Coffee & Cake in Perth - February 12, 2020
- Best Cafés for Mums Groups in Perth – North and Swan Valley - February 10, 2020
- Peppermint Green Coffee House, Joondalup - January 31, 2020
- The Best Things to See and Do at Whiteman Park - January 30, 2020
- The Beach House, Jindalee - January 24, 2020
- Maison Saint-Honoré, Floreat - January 20, 2020
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Playgrounds – South of Perth - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Parks – North of Perth - January 13, 2020
- Places to Watch the Australia Day Fireworks in and Around Perth - December 30, 2019