Showing at WA Maritime Museum this school holiday is Ningaloo, a stunning natural history documentary screened in an immersive 180-degree dome which takes you on an underwater tour of one of Western Australia’s greatest natural wonders.
The film follows marine scientist, Anna Cresswell, aboard the mini-submarine Odyssea, as it embarks on a daring voyage into the labyrinth of Western Australia’s iconic Ningaloo Reef. Her mission is to witness the annual, synchronised mass coral spawning and the interconnected arrival of the biggest population of whale sharks.
The film is stunningly shot and watching it in the 180-degree dome makes you feel as though you are swimming along the reef itself. It’s a fascinating documentary and it makes you realise how lucky we are to have this natural wonder in our very own backyard! It’s definitely placed Ningaloo Reef on my must-see places to visit.
There are several screenings a day and you can choose from a 25-minute experience or a 45-minute full-length feature. I would recommend the shorter session for younger viewers and would say that the film would suit children ages 6+ years.
Tickets are selling fast and I would advise you to book online ahead of your visit to the museum in order to avoid disappointment. Ticket holders are to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time so they can be seated before the film begins.
Prams cannot be taken inside the Ningaloo Dome but can be parked just outside.
|Ticket Type||25min Experience Only||25min Experience + Museum Entry||45min Experience Only||45min Experience + Museum Entry|
To find out more and to book your tickets visit museum.wa.gov.au/museums/wa-maritime-museum/ningaloo-dome-experience
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018