Paper Avenue is a very welcome addition to Joondalup. The new café has mod fit-out, great coffee ethos, a nicely put together (and trendy) brunch menu, friendly service and a bit of soul too. It’s just across from the Joondalup Library and well worth a visit.
The light and bright café is graced by a beautiful mural by local artist Peter Ryan. I’ve followed him for a while on social media and love his creations. As a side note, Peter has also got involved in the painted rock craze and Little Chef treasures one of his rocks that we found in a local park.
The peeps at Paper Avenue are serious about their coffee. The impressive La Marzocco machine is custom made and the coffee is Locale from Victoria. Little Chef enjoyed a babycino.
There’s some different drinks on offer on their menu too. Cha Cha tea’s “Strawberry Swoon” pink tea latte is made of strawberry, hibiscus, rose hips, apple and orange. I love it. They look pretty as a picture too. Their “Apple Kiss” smells like apple pie!
For little ones, they have high chairs, babycinos and a kids menu – so refreshing to see a kids menu minus chicken nuggets! There are also lots of treats in the cabinet.
Little Chef really enjoyed the bacon and egg slider ($9), with some extra thick bacon.
I loved the moist lemon zest banana bread ($8), which was beautifully plated with a vanilla mascarpone, maple syrup and almonds.
This brioche bun ($18) is brimming with tender and tasty slow cooked beef brisket, with a nicely spiced apple, mint and red cabbage slaw.
You’ll also find granola, French toast, big brekkies, bagels, pancakes and much more on the menu. All in all, Paper Avenue creates a fab first impression.
For now, the café is focusing on weekday brunching and lunching and is also open on Saturdays. Definitely worth checking out!
- The Best Chocolate Cafes in Perth and South West WA - April 10, 2019
- Perth Night Noodle Market, Elizabeth Quay - April 6, 2019
- Coode Street Jetty Walk, South Perth - March 31, 2019
- Swan Settlers Markets, Herne Hill - March 29, 2019
- Rottnest Fast Ferries, Hillarys - March 28, 2019
- Swan Valley Fresh Seasonal Produce Trail - March 25, 2019
- May Street Larder at The Mezz, Mount Hawthorn - March 25, 2019
- The Best Family Friendly Shopping Centres in Perth - March 22, 2019
- West Coast Drive Coastal Walk - March 21, 2019
- Kalamunda Farmers Market, Kalamunda - March 15, 2019