Perth Airport viewing platform is the perfect place to take little aviation enthusiasts to watch the arrivals and departures of aeroplanes on Perth airport’s main runway.
The Perth Airport viewing platform is located on Dunreath Drive and is open every day between 6.30am and 7.00pm (October to March) and 7.30am and 5.30pm (April to September). There is a large car park and parking is FREE.
Access to the viewing is via a pathway that is both wheelchair and pram friendly.
The platform itself has been designed with a range of unique features that pay homage to the aviation industry.
The shelter is in the shape of the body section of a Boeing 747. The platform itself is 120 feet in length – the same length as the first ever airborne flight undertaken by the Wright brothers on 17 December 1903
Educational signage is also in place on the platform so that people can learn about the history of aviation and the airport while they watch the aircraft.
The is some simple wooden seating on the platform area but if you fancy staying longer and maybe bringing along a picnic I recommend bringing along some comfy chairs, they were several people there when we visited that had done just that!
The Perth Airport viewing platform is located on Dunreath Drive.
- The Wild Fig Cafe, Scarborough - June 19, 2019
- The Slate Phuket Review - May 7, 2019
- Wanneroo Cuddly Animal Farm - April 25, 2019
- Blueback by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre - April 18, 2019
- Brickman Cities at the WA Maritime Museum - April 18, 2019
- The Importance Of Family Health Insurance When Travelling - April 16, 2019
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019