Perth City Farm Farmers Market – Perth City Farm holds a Farmers Market every Saturday in their courtyard from 8am to 12pm. They have their own stall selling goods direct from their farm door, as well as inviting other sellers of organic, biodynamic and environmentally-friendly wares to join them.
Perth City Farm has been running for over 20 years, since it was established in 1994 by the Men Of The Trees, as a thriving community garden project based on permaculture, education and the arts.
The Perth City Farm stall had live herbs available for sale, as well as fresh fruit and vegetables direct from their gardens.
Stall holders on site the morning we visited were stocking fresh organic and biodynamic produce. We saw fresh sourdough bread, fresh pies and baked goods, and local honey. Another stall was selling fresh cakes baked in orange peel patty-cases.
Standing among the stalls was a young busker playing music on his guitar. If you like Ed Sheeran, his sound was very similar.
Perth City Farm has a sandpit and tricks at one side of the cafe to amuse the kids while you shop. We saw a father and son having a wonderful time digging and building together.
My little Miss was very taken with the artwork around the courtyard. She loved the mosaics, running her hands over them, and following the ones set in the ground.
If you’re in need of breakfast or refreshments, stop off at the Perth City Farm Cafe, located at the front of the property. The cafe is open plan inside and also has outdoor seating, so you can see the kids playing in the sandpit. They sell food made with organic ingredients and free-range eggs where possible, as well as cold pressed juices, milkshakes, bottles of kombucha and freshly made coffee and tea. They make the best dirty chai I think I’ve ever had!
The Farmers Market at Perth City Farm runs every Saturday morning from 8.00am to 12pm.
Perth City Farm Farmers Market is located at 1 City Farm Place, East Perth, just in from Lord Street.
There is a Yellow Cat stop just out the front if you’re thinking of taking public transport, or there are pay parking bays out on the street
- Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre, Churchlands - October 10, 2018
- Inflatable World, Shenton Park - October 10, 2018
- Little Donkey Corner, Tuart Hill - September 18, 2018
- September Family Friendly Events Perth - August 23, 2018
- Father’s Day Events in Perth 2018 - August 22, 2018
- Perth Family Friendly Events in August - August 1, 2018
- Coode St Cafe, Mount Lawley - July 19, 2018
- Hatched Coffee Shop, Kingsley - July 9, 2018
- Trading Treasures Toy Museum, Guildford - June 27, 2018
- Siena’s Restaurant, Leederville - June 14, 2018