What’s on in Perth today, find City of Perth Events, local community events, free and cheap events for families with kids of all ages. You’ll find listed family shows, free events in Perth, local community events, fairs, farmers markets, City of Perth events, even events at your local library. You’ll never be bored again and you’ll be the first to know what’s on in Perth!
If your event is FREE you can add it here: ADD YOUR OWN EVENT
- This event has passed.
Kyilla Community Farmers Market
January 12 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 8:00am on Saturday, repeating until December 21, 2019
Initiated by Kyilla Primary School’s P&C Association in North Perth, the vision for a Farmers Market to operate at Kyilla was as much to do with a desire for fresh produce as it is a vision for bringing the community together. The market provides an opportunity for the school community to engage and support the local and broader community. It is a weekly event where local farmers can bring their fresh produce direct from the farm to the local community, effectively bringing produce from the “paddock to the plate”.
The aim of the Kyilla Community Farmers’ Market is to engage and strengthen community spirit.
The market provides the opportunity to;
- walk down the street to do your weekly grocery shopping
- talk to your neighbours over a cup of coffee prepared by a local barista
- speak with the person who produced the food you will be taking home to eat
- expose your family to the range of good seasonal produce locally available
- support your local school, businesses and community
- and eat fresh, local, affordable produce.