Whenever we head to or from the Margaret River Region we always pop into Pinjarra Bakery for a bite to eat. It’s less than 10 minutes from the Forrest Highway and totally worth a slight detour. The bakery has won a bag full of awards and we love their baked goodies!
Of course, most people go there for their award winning pies – like Chef! He usually picks something fairly traditional like a meat and potato pie or beef, bacon and cheese pie, but there are also interesting fillings like satay chicken, bacon and egg and butter chicken.
Little Chef picked a huge sausage roll. He covered it in lashings of tomato sauce and really enjoyed it.
There’s also freshly baked breads, pastries and cakes. We often pick a couple of these for eating later on in the car. I love their custard tarts.
The range of drinks in the fridges is big, as well as those there’s freshly brewed Silvana coffee as well as milkshakes and smoothies.
For the more health conscious, there’s a great sandwich, baguette and wrap range available. This is what I picked. I love a pie, but heading down to Margs, I knew I was in for a lot of eating out! I was good – this time! I love my veggies and this fresh salad wrap was absolutely brimming with them.
And if you’re still hungry after all that, there’s traditional gelato too! The people behind Pinjarra Bakery have Italian heritage and they make all their gelato and sorbets by hand on site, to authentic Italian recipes.
There’s loads of seating and high chairs available for little ones. There are also toilets and baby change facilities onsite, making Pinjarra Bakery a great spot to stop on a road trip.
Find Pinjarra Bakery at 2 Peel St, Pinjarra. They also have bakeries in Waroona and in Maddington.
- Swan Valley Fresh Seasonal Produce Trail - March 25, 2019
- May Street Larder at The Mezz, Mount Hawthorn - March 25, 2019
- The Best Family Friendly Shopping Centres in Perth - March 22, 2019
- West Coast Drive Coastal Walk - March 21, 2019
- Kalamunda Farmers Market, Kalamunda - March 15, 2019
- TransPerth Ferry, Swan River - March 14, 2019
- Furbaby Cafe and Boutique, Westminster - March 13, 2019
- Millpoint Caffe Bookshop, South Perth - March 5, 2019
- The Island, Elizabeth Quay - March 5, 2019
- Happs, Dunsborough - February 27, 2019