Whenever we head to or from the Margaret River Region we always pop into Pinjarra Bakery for a bite to eat. It’s less than 10 minutes from the Forrest Highway and totally worth a slight detour. The bakery has won a bag full of awards and we love their baked goodies!
Of course, most people go there for their award winning pies – like Chef! He usually picks something fairly traditional like a meat and potato pie or beef, bacon and cheese pie, but there are also interesting fillings like satay chicken, bacon and egg and butter chicken.
Little Chef picked a huge sausage roll. He covered it in lashings of tomato sauce and really enjoyed it.
There’s also freshly baked breads, pastries and cakes. We often pick a couple of these for eating later on in the car. I love their custard tarts.
The range of drinks in the fridges is big, as well as those there’s freshly brewed Silvana coffee as well as milkshakes and smoothies.
For the more health conscious, there’s a great sandwich, baguette and wrap range available. This is what I picked. I love a pie, but heading down to Margs, I knew I was in for a lot of eating out! I was good – this time! I love my veggies and this fresh salad wrap was absolutely brimming with them.
And if you’re still hungry after all that, there’s traditional gelato too! The people behind Pinjarra Bakery have Italian heritage and they make all their gelato and sorbets by hand on site, to authentic Italian recipes.
There’s loads of seating and high chairs available for little ones. There are also toilets and baby change facilities onsite, making Pinjarra Bakery a great spot to stop on a road trip.
Find Pinjarra Bakery at 2 Peel St, Pinjarra. They also have bakeries in Waroona and in Maddington.
- Things to do in Mundaring with Kids - June 15, 2019
- Kid Friendly Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 13, 2019
- Mundaring Weir With Kids - June 11, 2019
- Tom’s Kitchen at Fairbrossen, Carmel - June 6, 2019
- No1 Pump Station, Mundaring Weir - June 6, 2019
- Kid Friendly Day trips in Perth - May 31, 2019
- Kid-Friendly Guide to Kalamunda and the Bickley Valley - May 31, 2019
- Country and Coastal Day Trips from Perth - May 29, 2019
- High Tea in Perth with Kids - May 22, 2019
- The Ultimate guide to Swap Meets in Perth - May 13, 2019