First Wednesday of the school holidays I decided the children, Miss 7 and Master 5 and I needed a morning out. We got up early and headed to Whiteman Park for 9 am to play on the parks and visit the lolly shop before our school holiday pottery class at 10.30. The classes are run Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the school holidays 10.30, 12.30 and 2pm and you do need to book in advance as our class was full of a vacation care class and us.
The children are showed into the pottery room where stations are set up and they each pick a ball of clay. On each table there are stamps, cutters and a selection of pottery examples that they can choose to make.
The lovely ladies come around and show the children how to make their chosen piece. They can stay for an hour for $8 for under 6 and $10 for over. If you want a longer session its $13 for 1.5 hours. I found an hour to be plenty we probably left after 45 minutes and in that time both children made about 5 things.
You can have your pieces fired at request but you do need to go back then and pick then up. We took ours the same day so that we could paint them at home over the weekend and make it another activity.
It was a reasonably priced activity if combined with a play on the parks, wander around the museum or a ride on the Bennett Brook Railway it’s a great way to spend half a day.
- Park Play City of Gosnells - September 17, 2017
- Telethon Kids Institute Discover Day 2017 - September 13, 2017
- 100 October School Holiday Ideas Perth 2017 - September 12, 2017
- ABC Reading Eggs - August 10, 2017
- The Best Family Friendly Shopping Centres in Perth - August 10, 2017
- Ashley and Friends Day at Whiteman Park - August 9, 2017
- Things to do on a rainy day in Perth with kids - August 2, 2017
- Roleystone Winter Market - June 9, 2017
- Coventry Village Play Area, Morley - March 9, 2017
- Brooklands Tavern - February 5, 2017