First Wednesday of the school holidays I decided the children, Miss 7 and Master 5 and I needed a morning out. We got up early and headed to Whiteman Park for 9 am to play on the parks and visit the lolly shop before our school holiday pottery class at 10.30. The classes are run Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the school holidays 10.30, 12.30 and 2pm and you do need to book in advance as our class was full of a vacation care class and us.
The children are showed into the pottery room where stations are set up and they each pick a ball of clay. On each table there are stamps, cutters and a selection of pottery examples that they can choose to make.
The lovely ladies come around and show the children how to make their chosen piece. They can stay for an hour for $8 for under 6 and $10 for over. If you want a longer session its $13 for 1.5 hours. I found an hour to be plenty we probably left after 45 minutes and in that time both children made about 5 things.
You can have your pieces fired at request but you do need to go back then and pick then up. We took ours the same day so that we could paint them at home over the weekend and make it another activity.
It was a reasonably priced activity if combined with a play on the parks, wander around the museum or a ride on the Bennett Brook Railway it’s a great way to spend half a day.
- Why a girls’ school from day one? - February 12, 2020
- How To Prepare Yourself For Your Next Big Exam - January 12, 2020
- School Holiday Activities Perth 2020 - January 2, 2020
- Penrhos College Kindergarten students ask – ‘How best can we help animals to survive?’ - December 20, 2019
- Places Where You Can Go Camping In Perth - November 5, 2019
- How to Buy The Ideal Baby Thermometer - October 15, 2019
- INTERGENERATIONAL BIG BETHANIE BAKE OFF RETURNS FOR SIXTH YEAR - October 2, 2019
- How To Choose The Best Tutors Online To Help Your Kids - September 17, 2019
- FUN-FILLED FAMILY EVENING SUPPORTING CHILDREN’S CANCER RESEARCH - September 11, 2019
- Best Beds for Kids in Perth: Essential Tips When Choosing a Bed for Your Kids - September 7, 2019