The Pottery Playroom in Joondalup is a great place for kids to unleash their creative side!
The Pottery Playroom is bright and spacious. It has an extensive range of ceramic pieces to paint. Simply turn up, grab a table and select your piece to paint. You do not need to book a table and there are no studio fees. Pieces range from $10 upwards.
All the paints and brushes are laid out on the table ready for you to use. The ceramic pieces are displayed on shelves with their prices listed. Miss 4 and Miss 2 both choose dolls which were $12 each.
There are a selection of kids art smocks available to use but not to worry if your child does not want to wear one as the paint washes easily out of clothes.
The Pottery Playroom serves a small range of drinks and snacks. I enjoyed a coffee accompanied by a very yummy homemade caramel slice. If you fancy something a little more savoury they also serve Toasties and Raisin Toast.
The Pottery Playroom is not just about painting pottery, it also has a fabulous soft play area which provides great entertainment for kids when they decide that they need to take a break from painting. I found that Miss 4 & 2 would paint for a while and then go off and play returning 5 minutes later to resume painting again. Just don’t forget socks for the soft play area!
The staff at The Pottery Playroom are super friendly and helpful. Leisa helped the girls write their names on their pieces once they were finished.
They were very intrigued in how the pottery becomes all shiny so they were invited into the firing room to see the ‘big hot oven’.
You have to leave the finished pieces with the Pottery Playroom for about a week so that they can be fired. You receive a text when they are ready to be collected. The waiting was the hard part! Every day Miss 2 would ask if we were going to get her doll now. It was a happy day when Miss 2 was reunited with her doll again!
The Pottery Playroom is located at Unit 4/19 Mercer Lane, Joondalup. It is open Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 5pm and Sunday 11am – 4pm. Open on Mondays during the school holidays except for public holidays
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018