The RAC Christmas Pageant, my absolute favourite event of the year! Can you believe this will be its 46th year!?
The most magically night of the year is happening Saturday 1 December, the pageant starts at 7:30pm but families are encouraged to head there early, settle in early and enjoy the free entertainment. I always bring a picnic rug, camp chairs, plenty of water, snacks, jackets, blankets and pavement chalk for my kids, they enjoy drawing and writing all over the road. If you have a small child I would recommend bringing a stroller or Kmart beach trolley. If you’re a member of the RAC Little Legends Club, remember to bring your card so the kids can receive a free Christmas gift.
This year the route has been extended, the pageant starts at the corner of St Georges Terrace at William Street, travels along St Georges and Adelaide Terraces, and finishes at the bottom of Bennett Street. Over the years I’ve noticed that families tend to crowd at the start line, I recommend heading further down the route to get an awesome spot!
There will be some favourite floats as well as spectacular new floats, bands, music and dancing. As well as channel 7 personalities, including Fat Cat and, of course, Santa with his reindeers.
Pageant-goers are encouraged to dress the part, from head to toe, think bells, baubles and a big red nose – Santa’s helpers will be roaming the Christmas Pageant taking pictures of Perth’s Christmas cheer, so make sure you dress to get their attention!
Make sure you look up, this year there will be helicopter photography. The helicopter that will fly over the Pageant three times; 7:15pm, 7:45pm and 8:15pm taking photos.
Transperth will be putting on additional trains running on the Armadale/Thornlie line, Fremantle line, Midland line, Joondalup line and Mandurah line, visit the Transperth website and pre-plan your journey. A FamilyRider can be purchased for $12.80, which entitles up to seven people unlimited travel on the day of purchase, provided no more than two of them normally pay full fare. If you are driving, please take note of the road closures.
For more information visit the website.
- Boorna Waanginy: The Trees Speak - February 9, 2019
- Fringe World Festival – Fringe Kids - January 21, 2019
- The Ground Cafe, Lexia - January 18, 2019
- Mastercard Hopman Cup 2019, RAC Arena - December 30, 2018
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 28, 2018
- Island Aqua Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour - December 18, 2018
- Lights in the Heights, Padbury - December 12, 2018
- RAC Christmas Pageant - November 29, 2018
- The Magic of Christmas at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - November 27, 2018
- Trees Adventure, Yanchep National Park - November 23, 2018