Raeburn Orchard in Roleystone is having their first ever Persimmon Festival. It is on for the first three weekends in May. We took the opportunity of a beautiful autumns’ day last Saturday and went for a drive up to Roleystone. I’ve seen many stunning photos of the orchard on Instagram and I couldn’t wait to see it for myself! It sure did not disappoint and it looked even better in real life!
For the Persimmon Festival, there will be food trucks, cider sampling, fun for the kids including lawn games and a bouncy castle. Entry to the orchard is just $4 per adults and kids enter for free. There is no fruit picking allowed. However, upon entering the orchard, there’s plenty of persimmon for sampling as well as for sale. They are sold by the carton or by weight.
Be sure to also charge up your camera for lots of stunning photo opportunities as the leaves at this time of the year is simply breathtaking. There are also lots of other fruit trees on the orchard such as avocado, pomegranate, mango, plum and apple.
During the festival, there are a number of food trucks on offer, from delicious cider by Roleystone Brewing Co. made using apples grown on the orchard, to tasty food trucks including Locale Kitchen, The Fire Truck Pizzeria and the GypsySoul Caravan Bar (you got to try their persimmon smoothie). Pack a picnic mat, or chill out in the spacious boho tipi (Sweetwater Tipis) and enjoy the food whilst soaking in the beautiful scenery overlooking the whole orchard.
Kids will be entertained with various lawn games and a bouncy castle. Look out for some horses and ponies out the back as well.
Raeburn Orchard also sell a range of fruits, artisan goods such as honey and other preserves, eggs, juices and sweets, primarily made in Western Australia. They are open every day from 9am – 5pm, but the festival is only on for the weekend of 12/13 and 19/20 of May.
4 Raeburn Road, Roleystone
Open everyday 9am-5pm
$4 per entry, kids under 12 enter free
- Myer Santaland, Perth - November 15, 2018
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018
- Lena Strawberry Farm, Anketell - September 1, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Immersive Zone, Karrinyup Shopping Centre - July 9, 2018
- LEGO Play Zone, Claremont Quarter - July 3, 2018
- Raeburn Orchard Persimmon Festival - May 9, 2018
- The Açai Corner, South Perth - April 17, 2018
- Perth Mango Farm - February 1, 2018
- Brotzeit Kids Bingo - January 23, 2018
- Santa Photography at Garden City - December 6, 2017