This January school holidays kids aged 8 and over can embark on a Virtual Reality Adventure at the WA Shipwrecks Museum in Fremantle.
The experience takes you on an adventure to Rainbow Island, a place steeped in stories of pirates, sailors and lost treasure. During the 30 minute session, you race against the other players on a virtual reality treasure hunt throughout the island to claim as many gold coins and gems as possible.
Throughout the session, you are seated on swivel bar stools so that you can turn 360 degrees around in your virtual world. Miss 8 was a bit worried when I told her that she was going to play a VR game. She’s watched the latest Johnny English film and had visions of herself wandering off and causing all kinds of havoc in the real world without being aware! Thankfully she stayed seated and no havoc was caused!
Adults can participate if they wish although you are required to purchase a ticket. Both of my kids thoroughly enjoyed the experience and were begging to do it again.
Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR
Dates: 7 January – 1 February
Times: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
Duration: 30 mins Cost: $10
Bookings: Bookings essential. Book online or by calling 1300 134 081
- The Slate Phuket Review - May 7, 2019
- Wanneroo Cuddly Animal Farm - April 25, 2019
- Blueback by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre - April 18, 2019
- Brickman Cities at the WA Maritime Museum - April 18, 2019
- The Importance Of Family Health Insurance When Travelling - April 16, 2019
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019