Rockingham Aquatic Centre is Rockingham’s only dedicated outdoor swimming facility and is the perfect family day out for under $20 (2 adults, 2 Children or 1 adult and 3 children). Located centrally, close to Rockingham Shopping centre it is a great family friendly facility and a little oasis!
Rockingham Aquatic Centre is open between October and April and hosts lots of activities to get involved in including swimming lessons, aquaerobics, lane swimming, squad training, water polo and the swim around the sound initiative. They also run kids swimming programs over the holidays.
There is a heated 50m pool, a 25m pool and a shaded toddler pool all situated in beautiful established gardens that provide naturally shaded areas perfect for a picnic.
The toddler area is brilliant for splash play, it is a decent size and is covered in the summer months.
There is plenty of grass areas and shade near each of the pools so you can set up for the day close to the pool you are likely to be using the most. At the back of the centre, there is a decent kids play area with a climbing frame, slide, and swings.
Fun day Sunday starts the first Sunday in November and I can’t wait to take the family along! The family fun starts at 1pm, there is a range of family activities to join in including huge, oversized inflatable pool toys in the main pool. These sessions run throughout the season please check the website for details. If you like what you see they can also organise kids birthday parties!
There is a small kiosk selling tea, coffee, snacks and ice creams on site but if you are making a day of it I would highly recommend bringing your own morning tea or lunch with you. There are also free BBQ’s to use on site.
There are changing rooms and toilet facilities on site and plenty of free parking outside the centre.
Rockingham Aquatic Centre entry prices:
Toddlers (2-5 years) $3.10
Under 2 years Free
For more information visit the website.
- Winter Wonderland, Mandurah Foreshore - July 11, 2018
- Take 5 Ice Cream Parlour – Baldivis Square - December 13, 2017
- Santa’s Magical Castle, Mandurah Forum - November 29, 2017
- Aqua Jetty Leisure Centre, Rockingham - November 14, 2017
- Slime Time at AQWA - October 17, 2017
- Rockingham Aquatic Centre - October 11, 2017
- Pirate Play area at Secret Harbour Square - October 10, 2017
- Brotzeit, Baldivis - August 15, 2017
- Rebound Arena Indoor Trampoline Park, Port Kennedy - July 25, 2017
- Apple Picking at Core Cider House, Pickering Brook - February 28, 2017