Rooftop Movies are back in the Perth CBD so Summer has finally arrived! Located at the top of a City of Perth car park in the Northbridge family friendly Piazza area makes this a great night out with a difference. Rooftop Movies put on 4 programs throughout the Summer season from 1st December to 31st March, with a different movies each day. Movies range from old classics to the latest releases of the year as well as plenty of family and kid friendly films. Sessions usually start at 8pm, because it has to be dark so probably suited more to kids age 6 upwards. Kids movies do get booked up quite quickly so make sure to book in advance.
We planned ahead and drove into the City about 2 hours before the movie started so we could have check out some of the Christmas lights around Perth as well as having something to eat. We also wanted to arrive early so we can could sit on the beanbags at the front of the cinema. We parked at the Rooftop Movies car park and headed out into Northbridge Piazza to see the Christmas lights.
Once you get back to the car park simply get a lift to the top floor and WOW you’re transported back in time to rooftop retro! Here you’ll find the toilets which aren’t fancy just portaloo’s and do the trick as they’re close by.
Food vans include the Candy Bar selling popcorn, chips, candy and ice cream!
Dough Pizza serving up their delicious pizzas.
Rooftop Movies BAR selling beer, wine and cheeseboards! You CAN’T BYO but you’re welcome to bring your own snacks if you wish to.
There are a few seating options around the food truck area or you can take your food to your beanbag or deck chair.
Make sure you grab your seating as soon as you can, as it’s all unreserved seating.
There are two seating options, amazingly comfortable beanbags at the front and stripy deck chairs at the back. I’ve never tried the deck chairs so can’t say how comfortable they are after sitting on them for 2 hours 😉
The beanbags are a great option for kids who want to run around at the front of the cinema before the movie starts.
You could even choose to sit at these funky tables and chairs and even on the floor if you want to whilst you enjoy a class of wine or beer.
- Blackwood River Houseboats - January 22, 2019
- Dolphin Discovery Centre, Bunbury - January 14, 2019
- Forest Adventures South West - January 8, 2019
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018