The “Junior” section is located at the back corner of the library and is light and full of colour. It had a large notice board on the back wall with information of children’s activities, local playgroups, parenting information etc.
There were big colourful beanbags, a couple of large animal cushions and some small chairs for the kids to use to read the books.
The library provides lots of activities for children of all ages. Baby Bookworms Workshops are a series of workshops for new parents that combine songs, rhymes and reading with learning about your child’s development. Baby Rhyme time for babies up to 18months runs twice a week. Tiny Tots Time, for children 18 months plus also runs twice a week. There is Saturday Stories with Dad on the first Saturday of the month. Learning English through Storytime is run for 2-4 yr olds.For older kids there is Triple8 Kids Club, LEGO Club, M12+ Movie Club, Stories after School, Homeschool Hangout and Hop-To-It Saturday Club. Some of the activities need to be booked so contact the Library for further information.
No sessions were running when we visited but an area was being set up for a session later.
The sessions must get busy as there was also an allocated pram parking area.
Within Ruth Faulkner Library, there is also a mini museum with a collection of items that relate to the history of the area. My 3.5 year old wasn’t too interested in looking at the museum, she was more interested in the sculptures at the front entrance.
Ruth Faulkner Library is located close to Faulkner (Volcano) Park and also to Belmont Forum. The library is located on Wright St in Cloverdale.
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
- Cape View Beach Resort, Busselton - March 20, 2018
- Busselton Jetty - March 20, 2018
- Canning River Cafe - March 20, 2018
- Kalamunda Fairy Door Trail - February 20, 2018
- Penny Garden Restaurant, Swan Valley - January 29, 2018
- Lavender Bistro and Boutique, Swan Valley - January 16, 2018