Every school holiday the City of Fremantle organises various free Scooter, BMX and Skateboard workshops at the Esplanade Youth Plaza in Fremantle.
My boys 5 and 6 years old, attended the 1.5-hour Scooter Trick and Skills session. The session was run by “Freestyle Now” head coach Shaun and his Team. On signing in my boys received a cool bracelet and a sticker.
At 10.30am the session started. The kids were divided into 3 different groups to match their abilities.
My two sons were in Shaun’s group. He started the session by showing the correct position of their feet on the scooter.
The kids then had to practice to ride the scooter getting on and off repositioning their feet in the right place.
They also practised various techniques of how to get up and down the ramps. The practical session lasted 1 hour.
During the last 30 minutes of the session, Shaun taught the kids and the parents about safety and etiquette at the skate park. He also explained the difference between different scooters and helmets.
Shaun was very patient and very knowledgeable. The boys had a fab time and learnt some very useful tips.
To find out more and book (BOOKING ESSENTIAL) Scooter, BMX or Skateboard workshops skills in Fremantle, visit www.fremantle.wa.gov.au
You can also visit www.freestylenow.net to find many other Scooter, BMX, Skateboard events, workshops and shows throughout Perth.
- Poynter Market Duncraig - May 13, 2017
- Feral Brewing Company, Swan Valley - March 9, 2017
- Scarlet Woods Chalets, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- The Bush Shack Brewery, Yallingup - February 10, 2017
- Mack Daddys Pizza, Mount Lawley - January 27, 2017
- Bayswater Waves - November 16, 2016
- Scooter Tricks and Skills, Esplanade Youth Plaza, Fremantle - July 8, 2016
- Lego Club at Woodvale Library - May 17, 2016
- Margaret River Old Settlement - March 23, 2016