There is something truly magical about ice skating on an open-air rink in the City centre at Elizabeth Quay. The Skating At Festival offers something for anyone from ice skating, an adrenaline racing snow slide, inflatable slide, bouncy castle and a cozy place to enjoy a drink – this year the ice rink is also covered which means it can be enjoyed rain or shine!
Skating at Elizabeth Quay is perfect for beginners and those with more experience. An adult must be on the rink to assist children under 5, helmets and double bladed skates are available. Children under 3 are not allowed on the ice.
Kanga aids are available for $10 to help keep children and beginners stable on the ice, small children can sit on the front part of the Kanga, older siblings or adults can push the Kanga around the ice. My children, big and small, loved the kanga aids!
All skating sessions are 45 minutes and include skate hire, adult (14+) $24, children (5-13) $16, under 5 $10, family (2 adults + 2 children 2) $74. Tickets are slightly cheaper if you buy them online.
A Ride Pass gives you unlimited access to all rides for 1 hour. Ride passes are $15.00 at the box office and $14.00 online. Ride passes can be redeemed anytime, we used ours after ice skating.
The highlight for my children was the snow slide, my adventurous 3 year old had the time of his life, I lost count how many times he went down by himself, my 2 fearless 2 year old was even about to go down on my older child’s lap.
The kids spent majority of their hour on the snow slide but they did occasionally venture over to the huge inflatable slide and frozen bouncy castle.
You can grab a bite to eat from one of the food vans or get a drink from the bar that overlooks the ice rink… and don’t worry there are plenty of ig-loos!
Skating at Elizabeth Quay is the ultimate winter activity and affordable or the whole family.
Skating at Elizabeth Quay
June 28 – July 21
Monday – Wednesday: 10am – 9pm (last session starts 8pm)
Thursday – Sunday: 10am – 10pm (last session starts 9pm)
- Fringe World Festival – Fringe Kids - January 21, 2020
- Croc’s Playcentre, Joondalup - January 19, 2020
- Dinosaurs Come Alive, Fremantle - January 15, 2020
- City Splash, Elizabeth Quay - January 9, 2020
- Yanchep Lavender, Carabooda - December 30, 2019
- The Amberton Beach Bar and Kitchen, Eglinton - December 27, 2019
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 24, 2019
- Yagan Square Fun Fair, 18 – 31 December - December 19, 2019
- The Pirate Ship Mandurah - December 17, 2019
- Drop N Shop Creche, Westfield Carousel - December 17, 2019