There is something truly magical about ice skating on an open-air rink in the City centre at Elizabeth Quay. The Skating At Festival offers something for anyone from ice skating, an adrenaline racing snow slide, inflatable slide, bouncy castle and a cozy place to enjoy a drink.
Skating at Elizabeth Quay is perfect for beginners and those with more experience. An adult must be on the rink to assist children under 5, helmets and double bladed skates are available. Children under 2 are not allowed on the ice.
Kanga aids are available for $10 to help keep children and beginners stable on the ice, small children can sit on the front part of the Kanga, older siblings or adults can push the Kanga around the ice. My children, big and small, loved the kanga aids!
All skating sessions are 45 minutes and include skate hire, adult (14+) $24, children (5-13) $16, under 5 $10, family (2 adults + 2 children 2) $74. Tickets are slightly cheaper if you buy them online.
A Ride Pass gives you unlimited access to all rides for 1 hour. Ride passes are $15.00 at the box office and $14.00 online. Ride passes can be redeemed anytime, we used ours after ice skating.
The highlight for my children was The Runway snow slide, grab a snow tube and hold on for the ice ride of your life! My older children enjoyed racing each other down, it didn’t take long for my adventurous 2 year old to join in on the fun!
After spending the majority of their hour on the snow slide the kids ventured over to the huge inflatable slide and frozen bouncy castle.
You can grab a bite to eat from one of the food vans or get a drink from the Alpine Bar… and don’t worry there are plenty of ig-loos!
Skating at Elizabeth Quay is the ultimate winter activity and affordable or the whole family.
Skating at Elizabeth Quay
June 22 – July 15
Monday – Wednesday: 10am – 9pm (last session starts 8pm)
Thursday – Friday: 10am – 11pm (last session starts 10pm)
Saturday: 9am – 11pm (last session starts 10pm)
Sunday: 9am – 10pm (last session starts 9pm)
- WA Police Force Expo, Joondalup - March 21, 2019
- Heirisson Island, Perth - March 13, 2019
- Splashfest, Swanbourne - February 20, 2019
- Boorna Waanginy: The Trees Speak - February 9, 2019
- Fringe World Festival – Fringe Kids - January 21, 2019
- The Ground Cafe, Lexia - January 18, 2019
- Mastercard Hopman Cup 2019, RAC Arena - December 30, 2018
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 28, 2018
- Island Aqua Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour - December 18, 2018
- Lights in the Heights, Padbury - December 12, 2018