It’s Slime Time at AQWA until 31st October. Get ready for a whole lot of slimey, gooey, sticky and of course educational fun! Discover how sea creatures use slime to survive in our oceans, how it’s made and what they use it for, from the surface to the deep seas. We went along and got our slime on!
Throughout AQWA there are interesting facts and figures on slime follow the trail and find out how it helps our sea creatures. There is a theatre presentation about slime surfers and all things gooey that live deep in our oceans. Plus four daily slimey activities to try.
First off at 11am was Parrotfish bubble making challenge, the kids got to experiment with some super slimey bubbles just like parrotfish blow to sleep in!
Next up we visited the colouring station and got our slimey sea creature mask to decorate at the coral reef. We got a slime tattoo at 1pm in Adventure Bay, which is a great space for the activities and has a toddlers playground, covered seating area in the outdoor auditorium and picnic benches for lunch.
We stayed here until it was time to Make your own slime at 1.30pm in Adventure Bay, this was the stickiest activity of them all and great fun but be sure to have your wipes at the ready, it’s a hands-on activity!
Our educator involved all the children brilliantly, as the glue and goo were poured into the bowls to make the slime she engaged the children in conversations about algae, what it is, what its role in the ecosystem and how it is made. The little ones had a ball making it sticker, adding colour and glitter! At the end of the activity, they were each given a bag of the slime to take home….parental warning watch out this slime is sticky!!
There are all the usual scheduled feeding and presentations throughout the day and the bouncy castle was up when we went with probably the best view a bouncy castle can have looking out across Hillary’s.
Get your spook on and head to the kids Halloween party on the 31st October, lots of spooky fun, food and a disco. Check out the website for further details.
Open everyday from 10am till 5pm
- Winter Wonderland, Mandurah Foreshore - July 11, 2018
- Take 5 Ice Cream Parlour – Baldivis Square - December 13, 2017
- Santa’s Magical Castle, Mandurah Forum - November 29, 2017
- Aqua Jetty Leisure Centre, Rockingham - November 14, 2017
- Slime Time at AQWA - October 17, 2017
- Rockingham Aquatic Centre - October 11, 2017
- Pirate Play area at Secret Harbour Square - October 10, 2017
- Brotzeit, Baldivis - August 15, 2017
- Rebound Arena Indoor Trampoline Park, Port Kennedy - July 25, 2017
- Apple Picking at Core Cider House, Pickering Brook - February 28, 2017