These school holidays the City of Perth is the place to be! With plenty of creative, interactive and free activities, it’s easy to plan a memorable day out!
Hay Street Bird Cages
Hay Steet Mall
15 September to 14 October, all day
Head to the Hay Street Mall to witness these eye-catching and colourful bird cages. Grab a seat or take a snap. There are 3 different size and colour bird cages located at the Barrack Street end of Hay Street Mall.
17 September – 13 October, 8am – 5pm
Enjoy the Spring sunshine and let your imagination take flight under a canopy of brightly coloured kites.
Spring Flower Bloom
Cathedral Square Lawn
15 September to 14 October, 9am to 11pm
Enjoy the giant light up flowers on the grassed area at Cathedral Square. Although best viewed at night we visited during the day, Miss 7 was in flower heaven! It was the perfect spot to stop for a lunch with colourful picnic benches also set up on the lawn.
As part of the 2018 AWESOME Festival, kids craft activities will run each day from 30 September to 7 October from 10am – 3pm. Click here for more information.
The Bright Bridge
Perth Cultural Centre
15 September to 14 October, 8am – 11pm
Take an insta-worthy picture under the bright fiber optic bridge at Perth Cultural Centre.
Kings Square Swings
15 September to 14 October, 12pm – 8pm
Perched in Kings Square, illuminated swings make for the perfect photo opportunity. Interactive and entertaining, the 12 oval swings are a nostalgic experience for all to enjoy.
From 12pm – 8pm and live DJ’s will be spinning chill-out tunes each Saturday night between 5pm-8pm.
Spring Family Fun Days
22, 23, 29 and 30 September, 10am – 4pm
Make the most of the school holidays and visit Forrest Place for two weekends of FREE spring fun! With children’s workshops and a bunch of thrilling inflatable slides, obstacle courses and games, there is something for children of all ages.
Plus the water labyrinth will be on to keep the kids cool!
For more information on Spring in the City events, please head to visitperthcity.com
Find more things to do this school holidays
- Padbury Pickings, Herne Hill - February 13, 2020
- Studio 64 Group, South Perth - February 5, 2020
- Fringe World Festival – Fringe Kids - January 21, 2020
- Croc’s Playcentre, Joondalup - January 19, 2020
- Dinosaurs Come Alive, Fremantle - January 15, 2020
- City Splash, Elizabeth Quay - January 9, 2020
- Yanchep Lavender, Carabooda - December 30, 2019
- The Amberton Beach Bar and Kitchen, Eglinton - December 27, 2019
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 24, 2019
- Yagan Square Fun Fair, 18 – 31 December - December 19, 2019