Stirling Ranges Retreat Caravan Park
Believe it or not but there are mountains only 5 hours drive from Perth! The Stirling Ranges offer an amazing array of mountain peaks and rollings hills to be climbed by those young and old. We planned a long weekend stay at the Stirling Ranges Retreat Caravan Park surrounded by eucalyptus trees, wildlife and mountains.
The Stirling Ranges Caravan Park offers a few accomodation options including caravans, tents, cabins and chalets. The park is beautifully rustic as nature intended, you won’t get manicured grassy sites or asphalt roads around the park!
You can pretty much choose where to pitch so it’s great for groups who want to camp together and have their own set-up. There are only a few sites with water and electricity so make sure when you book that you check availability of these.
There’s a huge communal kitchen area complete with tables and chairs, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and running water.
Open fires are permitted at certain times of the year when there aren’t fire bans in plans. The park does however have a communal fire pit which was lit during our stay in April.
You can buy huge Marshmallows from the local shop down the road.
The toilets and shower blocks were kept clean throughout our stay. The showers were actually really powerful! 😉
Stirling Ranges Caravan Park also has a kids nature playground, with a huge wooden fortress, slide, swings and fallen logs for balancing on. The kids also enjoyed cycling around the park but it isn’t suitable for scooters. The park itself has a gorgeous natural trail for the kids to explore the local wildlife as well as a longer walking pathway around the surrounding area. We managed a few 5km walks directly outside the campsite. There’s plenty of trees to climb as well!
Something we weren’t expecting was the amazing swimming pools! Both fully fenced and in great condition. It was a little cold when we went in April but would definitely go back in warmer months to enjoy the pools. We spent 4 days at the Stirling Ranges Retreat Caravan Park and managed to climb 3 of the local mountains and also a 5km trail. If you love walking then this is a great park to stay at with most walks only 20mins drive away.
- Blackwood River Houseboats - January 22, 2019
- Dolphin Discovery Centre, Bunbury - January 14, 2019
- Forest Adventures South West - January 8, 2019
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018