A great find for boating and water skiiing enthusiasts! Enjoy a fun day out on the lake or pack the campervan and enjoy sleeping under the stars with water side views.Located 7 km from Collie, Stockton Lake is very popular for lovers of the outdoors. Boating and skiing of all sorts is allowed, though it is best to check the Collie website on water levels, particularly in the drier months. Originally Stockton Lake was a coal mine (bits of coal actually wash up on the shore) dating back to 1927, but was abandoned in the early 60’s and filled with water. There is plenty of space and different spots scattered around the lake and deeper into the bush lands for caravans, camper trailers and tents.As with most of these old mines, caution is recommended if swimming. Check the Collie website for the most updated information and contact the council if you are unsure of safety. This caption is from their site:
Whilst swimming is permitted, signs do warn that people swim at their own risk because, due to past mining activities, the water has a low pH level. Those with sensitive skin should limit their exposure to the water. The water in places is very deep and can be very cold.If you’d rather not swim, this is still the perfect spot to camp and enjoy the water activities that seem to be happening regularly. When we were there, there were a few camper trailers who had just parked up for this exact reason. A great overnighter with free entertainment, perfect location and at a budget cost.
There are toileting facilities, on the east side of the lake and on the west for your convenience.
Dogs must be kept on the lead as there are fox baits in the area.
Camp fires are allowed in the Winter months between 6pm and 10am.
Camp fees, collected by the Ranger, apply .
Daily fees are $8.00 for adults
$6.00 for approved concessions
$3.00 for school aged children under 16 years
Children 5 years and under, free.
Address: Piavanini Road, 7kms East of Collie
- Strike Bowling, Carousel - January 4, 2019
- Holey Moley Carousel - January 4, 2019
- Wayman Reserve, East Fremantle - November 22, 2018
- Brook 508 Cafe & Restaurant, Roleystone - November 8, 2018
- Roleys on the Ridge, Roleystone - September 7, 2018
- Fairies Forever Birthday Parties, Armadale - September 6, 2018
- LaBuda Juice Bar, North Beach - September 6, 2018
- Waroona Dam – Lake Navarino - September 6, 2018
- Waroona Hotel, Waroona - September 6, 2018
- Champion Lakes Nature Space and Ampitheatre - August 10, 2018