Stringybark Winery located in the picturesque Chittering Valley, 50 minutes from Perth, is a firm favourite of mine for a good old Sunday lunch. The winery is open Wednesday through to Sunday from 11.30am onwards. They also open from 9am on Sunday mornings for a full English breakfast.
Everything about Stringybark Winery is very rustic, from the winding unsealed driveway through the vineyard, to the quaint building that looks as though it belongs in a German forest. I love visiting during the winter months as you are welcomed by a roaring log fire!In the warmer months you can dine alfresco in the undercover outdoor seating area.
The indoor dining room has several large tables so it can accommodate large groups with ease. Perfect for family celebrations!
Every time I visit I have to have the Roast Dinner and on our last visit the roast of the day was lamb, that came served with a gorgeous array of roast vegetables which included pumpkin, beetroot, cauliflower, Broccoli, capsicum and onions. It was incredibly tasty!Another menu item of note is the “Mahogany Creek” Roast half duck and when they say half duck they mean half a huge duck! So if you choose to order that item make sure you bring a very large appetite! In fact most of the portions are generous so if you are going for lunch make sure you don’t have a big breakfast!
The restaurant offers an extensive children’s menu that contains Chicken Parmigiana, Fish bites, Chicken nuggets, Small Fish of the Day, Small Roast of the Day, Baby Steak and Pasta Bolognaise and include an ice-cream after the meal.If you are dining with a baby/toddler you will have to bring along your own boaster seat as the restaurant does not have any high chairs.If you are not the designated driver do make sure you try some of their wine. The Stringybark vineyard is one of the oldest in the Chittering Valley and produces some award winning wines. You can try them for yourself with a free tasting.The drive through the Chittering Valley is delightful and makes for a pleasant Sunday drive. We couldn’t resist stopping to say hello to some of the friendly residents in our way home.
Stringybark Winery is located at 2060 Chittery Road Chittering.
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018