Sugar & Spice Patisserie is a small café located on Lakeside Drive in Joondalup. I stumbled across it nearly 4 years ago and it has become a firm favourite of mine ever since.The café sells the most delectable selection of cakes, pastries and savouries that are all made onsite by their team of skilled pastry chefs. Kids will enjoy watching them make their wares through the window into the kitchen.If you are popping in for lunch they offer a range of quiches, pies and sandwiches. You can take away or dine in. There is a small amount of seating within the café and a large shaded alfresco area out front. The outside dining area is roadside so not great if you are accompanied by a toddler who likes to bolt!
The selection of cakes on offer is what makes this place really special!The majority of cakes are mini delights, just 3 or 4 mouthfuls of pure indulgence. Personal favourites are the Mississippi Mud Pie, the lemon meringue and cappuccino cup.They also have a range of larger cakes on offer to take away that serve 8 to 10 portions, which we always indulge in at birthday time. Without fail for us it has to be the large Mississippi Mud pie – a mud cake base, topped with chocolate mousse and coated with chocolate ganache. Divine and great value!Sugar & Spice can also create a bespoke cake for you to celebrate weddings, birthdays and other special occasions.
Sugar & Spice has changed ownership in recent times and unfortunately they have done away with a couple of the little touches that used to make our visit so special. They no longer partake in the coffee art that we used to love and babychinos are now rather bog standard where as previously they used to come accompanied by a little treat from the patisserie counter. However their cakes are still as mouth watering as ever!
Sugar & Spice Patissere is located at 3/189 Lakeside Drive, Joondalup. Opening hours are Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm, Saturday 8am to 4pm.
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018