If Swell café at Mullaloo Beach was any closer to the ocean you’d be wet! Located inside the Mullaloo Surf Life Saving Club it takes advantage of the uninterrupted views over Mullaloo beach.
The exterior has a raised deck running the length of the club for alfresco dining overlooking the parkland (dogs allowed) and a takeaway coffee bar.
The interior is decorated in a coastal casual style with natural baskets as light fixtures and crisp white furniture. It has a very modern yet relaxed vibe.
We visited for breakfast and sat at the back of the café which overlooks the beach. The rear of the dining area features floor to ceiling windows to take in the scenery. These windows were perfect as they allowed the breeze in just above head height for ventilation without it blowing in your face.
Breakfast is served from 7am for all the early birds with choices ranging from $7 (toast with homemade peanut butter and preserves) to $25 for the big breakfast. We had the eggs benedict and big breakfast, both were awesome.
The kids breakfast ranges from $6 for eggs on toast to $12. My youngest chose the kids pancakes ($10) which came with vanilla bean ice cream and berries and a babycino (a very reasonable $1), the verdict was “yummy!”
My eldest chose the kids breakfast ($12) which came with bacon, sausage, a fried egg on toast and a hash brown. Now, to call it a “hash brown” really doesn’t do it justice. It was more of a home-made, golden, cloud of delicious potato goodness, truly amazing!
Colouring in was also provided by staff, the reverse of which had a word search and the kids lunch/dinner menu. All kids dinner options are $15 and include a drink, +$3 for ice cream.
The staff were very friendly and attentive, combined with the great food and awesome location, Swell is sure to be a family favourite for everyone.
For more information visit www.swellkitchen.com.au
- The Gingerbread House, Boyanup - November 10, 2018
- Perth Upmarket, Crawley - November 7, 2018
- Flower Design School Birthday Party - October 11, 2018
- RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort - October 10, 2018
- Optus Stadium Tour - August 13, 2018
- Circus Waterpark, Bali - July 19, 2018
- The Camfield, Optus Stadium - July 3, 2018
- The Lookout, Scarborough - July 3, 2018
- City of Wanneroo Community Art Awards & Exhibition - June 5, 2018
- Hogwartz Restaurant, Bali - May 7, 2018