I am Italian and I always enjoy a good wood-fire pizza. We were visiting the south and meeting some friends (also Italians) for lunch so I thought S&R would be good spot as they make authentic Italian woodfire pizza.
As we arrived we found a free table on the gorgeous outside area with an amazing view of the vineyards.
The menu only offers Pizzas, focaccia and bruschetta which is available from 12pm-3pm.
At the Cellar Door beside wine, they also sell oil, sauces, pastas and other italian products. Also, a very interesting selection of vintage board games.
While we were waiting for the pizzas the big boys went to sample some wine at the Cellar Door while the kids were playing with the Rotor Spin with rackets. A tyre swing, a cricket set and few soccer balls were also available to use.
The pizzas arrived promptly.. And we were not disappointed.. The base was thin and crispy! We all gave the thumbs up.. Buonissima! (very good!)
We ordered a margerita to share for the kids $20
My husband ordered a diavola $24
Our friends a quattro stagioni. $24
Every pizza can be made with gluten free base on request. I also had a quattro stagioni gluten free and it was delicious!
After lunch we just spent some time lounging on the big bean bags available while the kids were running around and playing.
S&R is a great place to hang for lunch.. I would definitely recommend it.. Grab a pizza a bottle of wine… Sit on one of the picnic blackets available for use or a bean bag and enjoy the view.
In the winter months you can grab a board game or have a game at the table soccer (or foosball) inside and still enjoy the wine and pizza 🙂
For more information visit www.swings.com.au
- Poynter Market Duncraig - May 13, 2017
- Feral Brewing Company, Swan Valley - March 9, 2017
- Scarlet Woods Chalets, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- The Bush Shack Brewery, Yallingup - February 10, 2017
- Mack Daddys Pizza, Mount Lawley - January 27, 2017
- Bayswater Waves - November 16, 2016
- Scooter Tricks and Skills, Esplanade Youth Plaza, Fremantle - July 8, 2016
- Lego Club at Woodvale Library - May 17, 2016
- Margaret River Old Settlement - March 23, 2016