What’s something fun and free where I can take my kids this school holidays – Telethon Kids Institute Discover Day 2017
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the school holidays this year, and looking for some free activities after the Perth Royal Show, why not bring the family along to Telethon Kids Institute’s Discover Day?
The Telethon Kids Institute is Western Australia’s only children’s health research institute focused on improving the health and development of kids.
Discover Day, an annual community event, is Telethon Kids Institute’s way of opening their doors to the Perth community and getting kids involved in some quality scientific fun.
Now in its third year, the annual event sees a whole range of exciting and educational activities on offer for Perth parents and children.
Oh – and did we mention it’s free? That’s right, totally free registration.
The Discover Day event, which goes from 9.30am until 3pm on Thursday October 5th opens up, for the first time ever, into the Telethon Kids Institute car park and out onto a closed off Hamilton St and Mueller Park. There will be dozens of science-based activities outdoors in the “Open Air Science Lab” for the kids, plus a range of coffee and food trucks for mum and dad.
Kids aged from 4 to 12 can enjoy practical activities like extracting DNA from strawberries and making their own set of “balloon lungs”, along with face painting and Fat Cat. Plus much more!
In the unlikely event of poor weather, marquees are set up to provide protection from the rain and to ensure there’s no “watering down” of any fun to be had on the day.
If the last two years are anything to go by, this year’s Discover Day promises to be another fun-filled day and an event not to be missed. We’ll see you there!
To attend Telethon Kids Institute Discover Day 2017 on Thursday October 5th, register for free at www.telethonkids.org.au/discoverday.
Registration helps Telethon Kids Institute plan for the full day, and gives you automatic entry into prize draws!
- School Holiday Activities Perth 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Reading for Sure - February 4, 2019
- The healthiest family-friendly restaurants in Perth - December 20, 2018
- Mediation – A More Effective Way To Separate - December 18, 2018
- Family Friendly Events in Perth for November (2018) - October 24, 2018
- Family Cab - October 24, 2018
- Perth Christmas Charity Collections - October 24, 2018
- 5 tips for organising your first family holiday - October 16, 2018
- Halloween Events Perth 2018 - October 14, 2018
- 5 best family villas in Bali for a fuss-free holiday with kids - October 4, 2018