Beachside dining doesn’t get any closer than The Amberton Beach Bar and Kitchen in Eglinton. With uninterrupted oceans views (you can even see the Alkimos shipwreck) and a playground located directly next door, this family-friendly restaurant is a real treat for adults and the kids!
The restaurant includes outdoor dining, with views of the playground from most tables so it easy to keep an eye on the kids while enjoying your meal or a drink. The playground is only small but enough to keep the kids entertained while waiting for their meals, click here to read our review.
Outside there is also a grassed area with beach sling chairs with only a glass panel between you and the ocean! It really is spectacular!
Even inside you can enjoy the view! With bar-style seating overlooking the floor to ceiling windows.
The second indoor dining space has a huge window that faces towards the Alkimos Shipwreck. The kitchen is also open, so you can watch the chefs cooking in the kitchen.
Kids meals are $15 and include a drink and ice cream, the menu also doubles at a colouring page. Highchairs are available for little ones.
The main menu has a strong focus on local produce and includes share plates, tapas, burgers, plus regular pub favourites like steak, pasta and fish & chips. Click here to see the whole menu. I ordered the Southern fried chicken burger which was absolutely delicious!
We visited within the first week or two of opening, there were a few small hiccups, but nothing to complain about. We loved the chilled atmosphere and the staff were lovely… so we will definitely be back.
After lunch we headed down to the beach to play in the waves, making it the perfect afternoon out. Amberton Beach stunning, there are outdoor showers and public toilets.
Keep a lookout for a brand new adventure playground opening across the road in late 2020.
The Amberton Beach Bar and Kitchen
Idyllic View, Eglinton
- Croc’s Playcentre, Joondalup - January 19, 2020
- Dinosaurs Come Alive, Fremantle - January 15, 2020
- City Splash, Elizabeth Quay - January 9, 2020
- Yanchep Lavender, Carabooda - December 30, 2019
- The Amberton Beach Bar and Kitchen, Eglinton - December 27, 2019
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 24, 2019
- Yagan Square Fun Fair, 18 – 31 December - December 19, 2019
- The Pirate Ship Mandurah - December 17, 2019
- Drop N Shop Creche, Westfield Carousel - December 17, 2019
- Island Aqua Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour - December 10, 2019