The Beer Farm is a gem of a place located in Margaret River.
We visited the Beer Farm on Saturday during the long weekend in March. We turned up without a booking for lunch and we were lucky enough to find a table.
The Building is a huge shed / old stable with funky décor and amazing murals. The atmosphere is relaxed and perfect for families, but also for a younger crowd. I really liked the huge space between tables and the fact that you can sit inside but still have the feeling you are sitting outside.
EDIT: The slide is currently closed and The Beer Farm is constructing a bigger and better slide for summer 2018/19.
They do have a few tables outside too and the very popular and really cool Slip and Slide for the kids. Our boys had an absolute blast sliding and having fun with all the other kids. It was thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable for them and kept them cool while we were enjoying our food and few beers.
To keep the kids busy they also have a huge sand pit and loads of space for the kids to run around.
For the older kids (and adults….) there are some arcade games and pinball machines which my hubby could not resist.
The food and drinks are ordered at the bar but the food is then collected at the food van outside.
The only choice for the kids was fish and chips.
I ordered the pulled braised beef with no bun (only chips)
My husband ordered the battered Spanish mackerel burger with chips.
The food was good especially the chips; hand cut and the potatoes are grown locally. Very fresh and delicious!
The Beer Farm pride themselves on brewing their own beers and ciders. You can taste 4 different beers of your choice in generous size tasting glasses for $10. They also brew Hops grown by the nearby Karridale Hops Farm. Unfortunately when we visited, the beer made with the local hops was not ready yet, but we are hoping to try some next time we are down south….. Just another excuse to visit The Beer Farm again.
The Beer Farm is located at 177 Gale Road, Metricup.
- Poynter Market Duncraig - May 13, 2017
- Feral Brewing Company, Swan Valley - March 9, 2017
- Scarlet Woods Chalets, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- The Bush Shack Brewery, Yallingup - February 10, 2017
- Mack Daddys Pizza, Mount Lawley - January 27, 2017
- Bayswater Waves - November 16, 2016
- Scooter Tricks and Skills, Esplanade Youth Plaza, Fremantle - July 8, 2016
- Lego Club at Woodvale Library - May 17, 2016
- Margaret River Old Settlement - March 23, 2016