The Cheese Barrel is a must visit if you a cheese fan! Located in the Swan Valley their aim is to ‘provide high quality ‘benchmark’, farmhouse and artisanal cheeses from around the world, paired with locally produced Olive Farm Wines and enjoyed on our outdoor deck area with sweeping views of the Susannah Brook’.
The Cheese Barrel’s cheese cabinet features many kinds of cheese from around the world including France, Spain, Italy, England, Ireland, USA, and Australia. Unfortunately, they are not able to offer any tastings so if you want to try before you buy you are best heading there for a spot of lunch and enjoy one of their cheese platters.
You can opt to order one of their pre-set regional cheese boards such as the ‘Australia’ and ‘France or put together your own. The staff are very friendly and helpful in recommending cheeses that you may enjoy.
We decided to go along with the DIY option and choose the 3 cheese Ultra-Premium Board ($40) which comes accompanied with fresh bread, Lavosh, seasonal fruit and fruit paste. We also added on some additional leg ham ($4) salami ($4) and sweet onion jam ($3). We found the board to be sufficient for two people to share.
The Cheese Barrel is very family friendly. There are two large sandpits that are covered by shade sails and plenty of grassy space to run about on.
You can opt to enjoy your platter in the fully covered lower dining area which is right next to the sandpit. I noticed plenty of high chairs available in this area.
Or if you have older children you can take a pew on the balcony where you can keep a watchful eye on the kids from above.
There is a small kids menu which includes Cheese and Crackers ($5), Toasted cheese sandwich ($5.50) and a ham and cheese croissant ($6.50 Sat and Sun only).
We really enjoyed our time at The Cheese Barrel, sat on the deck sampling the cheeses while watching our kids have fun in the sandpit below. We’ll definitely be back!
- Latitude Joondalup - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - January 12, 2018
- Ruth Faulkner Library, Belmont - November 9, 2017
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - July 24, 2017
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Experience, Perth - July 9, 2017
- Kids Wonderland 2017 Review, 5th – 9th July - July 4, 2017