If you’re visiting Elizabeth Quay and its brilliant playground with your family – casual family restaurant The Island is well worth stopping at. Previously known as “Isle of Voyage”, the spot found on EQ’s “island” is now home to a microbrewery, restaurant, garden bar and pizzeria. Little Chef and I were seeing the sights of Elizabeth Quay after arriving on the ferry from South Perth. We stopped for lunch at The Island, the interior of the iconic Florence Hummerston Kiosk is crisp, bright and airy.
We’d recommend sitting outside, to enjoy that amazing view, with Elizabeth Quay, Kings Park, the Swan River and city skyline all around you. On the menu are lots of crowd pleasing favourites like fresh salads, share platters, wood fired pizzas and burgers.
The menu for little people has lots of yummy options – pasta, pizzas, nachos and more.
There’s colouring sheets for kids, which kept Little Chef busy at the table.
And of course the EQ playground is right next door, and Little Chef enjoyed playing there until his lunch arrived. They also have a ping pong table and I hear there are plans for a sandpit overlooking Elizabeth Quay coming soon.
Little Chef tells me his fish and chips ($10) was very tasty. The fish is good quality and served with a generous pile of seasoned chips and aioli.
I enjoyed a light pomegranate salad, also on our table was the Tasmanian salmon nicoise ($24) which looked impressive. The salad was brimming with confit salmon, green beans, potato, pickled shallots, eggs, anchovies, lettuce, olives, heirloom tomatoes and rocket. The generous portion is dressed with a simple lemon dressing.
We all enjoyed our lunch at The Island. I was expecting that it would be good, as so far as I’m aware the spot is still owned by the people behind Voyage Kitchen in Hillarys. I found the food fresh, tasty and well-priced. The Island has a friendly vibe and great views, so I’d absolutely return.
- High Tea in Perth with Kids - May 22, 2019
- The Ultimate guide to Swap Meets in Perth - May 13, 2019
- Latitude Birthday Party, Joondalup - May 9, 2019
- The Round House, Fremantle - May 9, 2019
- The Duke, Carramar - April 30, 2019
- The Best Chocolate Cafes in Perth and South West WA - April 10, 2019
- Perth Night Noodle Market, Elizabeth Quay - April 6, 2019
- Coode Street Jetty Walk, South Perth - March 31, 2019
- Swan Settlers Markets, Herne Hill - March 29, 2019
- Rottnest Fast Ferries, Hillarys - March 28, 2019