If you’re looking for a family friendly spot to dine, that’s close to the airport, the Kewdale Tavern is a great option. The modern tavern has an open sports bar area, as well as a dining area and outside courtyard.
The tavern welcomes kids! On Saturdays and Sundays they have a “Kids Eat Free” offer which includes a free drink and party pack. There is plenty to choose from on the menu which includes bar snacks and more substantial dishes. If you or a family member has a gluten intolerance, you’ll be pleased to know that the Chefs at The Kewdale Tavern are very gluten aware. Most of the dishes are free from gluten – even on the kids menu!
I liked the rich beef cheek ($29), oven braised with herbs and port wine for 12 hours. Served with vegetables, Scotch egg, wilted spinach, parsnip puree, lotus chips and a rich port jus. The serve could have included something more filling like a mash, instead of the puree, but is otherwise a good choice.
Another dish enjoyed on our table was the fish of the day ($32). Tasty barramundi is served with boiled potatoes and a vegetable broth.
The Kewdale offers a kids menu and high chairs. Little Chef gave the slider and chips two thumbs up for being “super yummy”.
We found the friendly staff very happy to help. If you’re in the area, you can expect better than average pub grub at the Kewdale Tavern. As well as the kids eat free deal, the Entertainment Card is accepted here.
Find The Kewdale Tavern at 139 Kewdale Rd, Kewdale.
Get more information on their website www.thekewdaletavern.com.au
- Maison Saint-Honoré, Floreat - January 20, 2020
- The Kid-Friendly Guide to Scarborough - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Playgrounds – South of Perth - January 15, 2020
- Best Mega Parks – North of Perth - January 13, 2020
- Places to Watch the Australia Day Fireworks in and Around Perth - December 30, 2019
- The Best Inflatable Water Parks in Perth - December 29, 2019
- Best Cafes for Mum’s Groups in Perth – South & Perth Hills - December 13, 2019
- Beaches with Playgrounds in Perth - December 12, 2019
- The Best Water Slides in Perth - December 11, 2019
- Best Cafés for Mums Groups in Perth – North and Swan Valley - December 9, 2019