A beautiful and scenic drive into the Swan Valley brings you to this fantastic family friendly restaurant and winery, suitable for kids of all ages. A wonderful fenced playground with swings, slide and a climbing fort to keep kids busy!
There was also a basket ball hoop, and baby and toddler toys set out on a picnic blanket in the shade. Simple but what a great idea!!Ensure you book a table and a high chair (if needed) to secure an outside table. Some are shaded by the trees and they did have a few sun umbrellas for the bench tables but not for all.
It is a fantastic veranda area perfect for large parties and to watch the kids run around the vineyard.Inside The Laughin’ Barrel restaurant is airy with the doors opening out onto the vineyard we visited in September and the fans were on as well. I suspect it would get very hot inside during the height of summer.
We chose from the specials menu, but there was plenty of choice on offer on the main menu. Service was extremely efficient, although the restaurant was relatively empty. The BBQ Ribs and chips were on special, and my husband failed to eat them so we asked for a carryout and they were more than accommodating and fed the kids for dinner that evening.
Kids meals offer a great variety and some healthy choices at a good price. The kids had fish and chips each and ate the whole plate so a good portion size for a 4year old and 2 year old. The fish was divine, light and fluffy.
I had a prawn and avocado salad which was a good size with a lovely dressing, and it was delicious!
Sat – Sun:10:00-17:00
- Stirling Ranges Retreat Caravan Park - June 25, 2018
- Kindergarten Guide for Perth 2018 - June 7, 2018
- The Crooked Carrot Myalup - April 16, 2018
- RAC Karri Valley Resort - April 13, 2018
- Koombana Foreshore Playground - March 14, 2018
- Horrocks Caravan Park - February 14, 2018
- Bella’s Cupcake World Cafe Joondalup - February 12, 2018
- Just Jump Wanneroo - February 12, 2018
- School Holidays WA 2018 - December 19, 2017
- Rooftop Movies Perth - December 14, 2017