If you’re Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, have kids or all of these then Urban Coffee House is the place to be in Busselton.
We visited the Urban Coffee House during a short weekend break away from Perth and wanted to find somewhere for breakfast that ticked all our boxes. Tasty and nutrient rich foods freshly made on site with plenty of options for me – I’m Gluten, Dairy and Nut intolerant and have two kids to entertain and feed.
The restaurant has many seating options including a veranda with table settings and bar stool tables, inside there are tables for large and small groups as well as plenty of comfy sofas and lazy boy chairs.
The big bonus for us was the kids play corner. Whilst simple and probably more suited to toddlers/babies/younger kids, my 5 and 7-year-old were content, which meant we could all relax and enjoy a scrumptious and long lazy breakfast.
The play corner is fully closed off with a wooden fence around, my two were happy to climb over it to get in and out. The base of the area has those soft fall alphabet mats for flooring. Toys consisted of books, dolls and wooden toys.
The restaurant also has some board games and my two enjoyed challenging each other to a game of Chess and Checkers on a table with a built in board! What a result we’d just taught them how to play.
There are plenty of food options from the breakfast and lunch menu as well as from the fresh food fridges. Freshly made baked goods including crustless quiches, Gluten Free lasagne, Vegetarian Lasagne and salads. Not forgetting a huge display fridge of Gluten Free cakes and slices!!!
The kids enjoyed the kids’ pancakes for breakfast, my Mum (Nanna) had the adults pancakes (which incidentally kept her full for most of the day!).
I had a Gluten Free cooked full breakfast with Gluten Free toast and my partner has the full English breakfast.
We were so impressed with the food and service that we went back for afternoon tea and devoured a few cakes with our Teas and Coffees. I also had a takeaway vegetarian crustless quiche which I had for dinner. It was seriously that good for me to enjoy three meals there in one day!!
- Blackwood River Houseboats - January 22, 2019
- Dolphin Discovery Centre, Bunbury - January 14, 2019
- Forest Adventures South West - January 8, 2019
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- The Rainbow Jungle Parrot Breeding Centre, Kalbarri - November 5, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018
- Bluff Knoll with Kids, Stirling Ranges - October 30, 2018