Chidley Point Reserve is an absolute gem of a place and one of my favourite places to hang out with the kids.
Located on the banks of the Swan River in Mosman Park Chidley Point Reserve is the perfect spot to enjoy the calm waters of the river and a picnic or BBQ with friends.
There are two car parks at Chidley Point Reserve. The upper level car park allows parking for a large number of cars.
The lower level car park, right next to the beach, is accessed via a steep hill and only has parking for 6 cars.
The small beach at Chidley Point Reserve is sandy and full of shells. The water is predominantly calm until you get a big boat pass by and then it does get wavy. The kids loved paddling in it although watch out for Jelly Fish at certain times of the year.
It’s a great spot for watching all the boats go by and you can feel like you are on your own desert island!
When we visited there was a couple of families that had brought along their kayaks and the kids were have a great time paddling around.
Chidley Point Reserve has great facilities enabling you to spend the day there. There is an Exeloo, 2 BBQs, a picnic table shaded by trees and two picnic shelters.
Pay Chidley Point Reserve a visit – you won’t be disappointed but shhh don’t tell everyone. It’s our secret!
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - July 3, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - June 22, 2018
- Sunflowers Animal Farm, Margaret River - May 7, 2018
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.