If you are looking for a gorgeous spot for a picnic then make sure you check out the picnic area at Noble Falls. It has everything you need for the perfect family day out!
Noble Falls is located just past the town of Gidgegannup, 50 kilometres northeast of Perth CBD. The picnic area is positioned across the road from the Noble Falls Tavern.
It is well equipped as a picnic spot with plenty of picnic tables, free electric BBQs, playground, toilets and a drinking fountain.
It’s a lovely peaceful spot and kids will have fantastic fun getting back to nature paddling in the falls. The waterfall itself is quite small and easy to cross. The kids enjoyed wading across the top of the falls and then clambering over the rocks to make their way to the stream below.
Make sure you pack a spare change of clothes for the kids! The rocks can be a bit slippery and Miss 6 ended up falling in!
If you didn’t fancy getting your feet wet wading across the falls there is also a bridge a little further down which crosses the water.
There is a basic playground shaded by the surrounding trees. Play equipment includes a climbing frame, monkey bars, a couple of slides and two swings.
The highlight of the trip for my kids was discovering the rustic tree swing which is located opposite the toilet block. Great fun!
If you fancy a walk the Noble Falls Walk Trail is suitable for people of abilities as it is generally flat with a good surface. You can opt to do a short walk which is 1.3km and takes approximately 45 minutes or go for a longer walk which is 3.5km and takes approx. 75 minutes.
Dogs are welcome off the leash as long as they are under control.
Noble Falls Picnic Area is located on Toodyay Road, Gidgegannup.
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Toodyay Road