The Garratt Road Bridge or AP Hinds Reserve is a quiet playground and picnic spot under the bridge on the river in Bayswater. It is just down from the popular Riverside Gardens.
We walked down there after a coffee at the coffee van at Riverside Gardens. The kids rode their scooters along the pathways, stopping at the exercise equipment spots along the way for a quick play.
The reserve has a small playground featuring a very cute pelican slide, basket swing and a large see-saw. The equipment is suited to younger children and our 3 years olds enjoyed it. The area around the equipment is sand and gave Miss 3 and her friend plenty of room to run around.
Although it’s located under the busy Garratt Road bridge it is actually a very quiet park. The playground is located close to the river, with lots of shaded grass along the foreshore and around the picnic tables.
It’s a great spot for a picnic or BBQ with a choice of 4 picnic tables, 2 BBQs, rubbish bins parking and toilets. And the lovely view of the river. There is a lot of natural shade provided by the large trees around the reserve and a couple of the picnic tables are shaded.
If you are looking for somewhere for a picnic or BBQ by the river AP Hinds Reserve has all the facilities needed.
- The Painted Teapot, Subiaco - November 20, 2018
- Cafe 63, Westfield Carousel - October 4, 2018
- Decadent C’s, Mandurah - October 3, 2018
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Milne Street