The Garratt Road Bridge or AP Hinds Reserve is a quiet playground and picnic spot under the bridge on the river in Bayswater. It is just down from the popular Riverside Gardens.
We walked down there after a coffee at the coffee van at Riverside Gardens. The kids rode their scooters along the pathways, stopping at the exercise equipment spots along the way for a quick play.
The reserve has a small playground featuring a very cute pelican slide, basket swing and a large see-saw. The equipment is suited to younger children and our 3 years olds enjoyed it. The area around the equipment is sand and gave Miss 3 and her friend plenty of room to run around.
Although it’s located under the busy Garratt Road bridge it is actually a very quiet park. The playground is located close to the river, with lots of shaded grass along the foreshore and around the picnic tables.
It’s a great spot for a picnic or BBQ with a choice of 4 picnic tables, 2 BBQs, rubbish bins parking and toilets. And the lovely view of the river. There is a lot of natural shade provided by the large trees around the reserve and a couple of the picnic tables are shaded.
If you are looking for somewhere for a picnic or BBQ by the river AP Hinds Reserve has all the facilities needed.
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
- The Local Shack, Forrestfield - June 5, 2018
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
- Cape View Beach Resort, Busselton - March 20, 2018
- Busselton Jetty - March 20, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.