If you’ve ducked into Woolies at the Banksia Grove Shopping Centre recently, you’ll have probably noticed a new play area near the entrance. The bright and colourful play space has something to amuse most kids.
The first thing we noticed was the slide. The ladder for this is built inside what looks like colourful metal crates. There is a rope net in the bottom and mid-level to climb over to get to the ladder. Littler children may need some assistance to climb up, as we found Miss 3.5 did. Our friend’s 12 year old daughter helped her and made sure she didn’t fall backwards off the ladder.
The curly slide itself is made of colourful plastic with clear window sections so you and your child can see each other as they slide down. We saw a number of bigger kids climbing up the outside of the slide to the top of the crates, and would recommend discouraging kids from doing this as smaller ones were trying to copy, and it would be a big fall if any kid slips!
In addition to the slide, there are a number of farm animal statues to explore or pretend to ride. Miss 3.5 was very taken with these.
There are also speaking tubes on either side of the playground to share messages, and a musical instrument made up of pipes that you slap with rubber straps. Miss 3.5 had fun trying to make music too.
Around the edges there are some seats, which are handy for adults to sit and supervise the kids.
Coffee Club will be opening next door to the playground soon. In the meantime, Dome is a short walk away across the road. So you could combine lunch or morning tea with grocery shopping and a quick play.
Currently, this play area isn’t shaded by any shade sails. Just the natural shading the building provides, depending on the time of day. So I’d recommend bringing a hat and sunscreen just to be on the safe side.
Woolworths Banksia Grove and the play area are located at 1001 Joondalup Drive, Banksia Grove.
Find more playgrounds in Perth
- Best Perth Mega Parks… Worth a Day Trip - December 6, 2018
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth - November 29, 2018
- Leisure World, Thornlie - November 20, 2018
- Best Parks For Birthday Parties in Perth - November 14, 2018
- Cool Kids Classes in Perth - November 7, 2018
- Bullsbrook Library, Bullsbrook - November 7, 2018
- The Mean Bean Diner, Bullsbrook - October 23, 2018
- Landsdale Farm School - October 23, 2018
- Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre, Churchlands - October 10, 2018
- Inflatable World, Shenton Park - October 10, 2018
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 1001 Joondalup Dr