Fantastic new playgrounds that have a strong focus on nature play are popping up all over the Perth area. Researchers at the University of WA have found that natural playgrounds provide children with more opportunities than typical pre-formed playgrounds to develop gross-motor skills.
Bannister Creek Nature Playground in Lynwood combines traditional play equipment with more natural elements, providing opportunities for children to use their imagination and explore.
The playground is predominantly sand and wood chip based and is shaded by lots of big trees. Bannister Creek runs, behind a fence, alongside the playground.
The playground contains lots a whole host of play equipment that is mainly constructed from wood as opposed to metal, giving the play area a lovely earthy feel.
The main attraction is a fun flying fox.
There is bucket swing and an A-frame climbing frame.
Monkey bars, balancing rope and hanging steeping stones.
I love these logs which are fashioned as turtles!
There is no car park for Bannister Creek Nature Playground, just limited street parking. There are also no toilets.
Thank you to Buggybuddys member Matt Cooper for sending us the pictures!
- KidZania Singapore Review - July 8, 2019
- The Wild Fig Cafe, Scarborough - June 19, 2019
- The Slate Phuket Review - May 7, 2019
- Wanneroo Cuddly Animal Farm - April 25, 2019
- Blueback by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre - April 18, 2019
- Brickman Cities at the WA Maritime Museum - April 18, 2019
- The Importance Of Family Health Insurance When Travelling - April 16, 2019
- Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, Broome - March 14, 2019
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Iveston Road