Occupying a beautiful spot along the banks of the Swan River, Bardon Park in Maylands is a great spot to play!
There are two playgrounds located at Bardon Park. The first, closest to the car park, is relatively new and contains some unique play equipment and a focus on nature play.
You’ll find a birds nest swing.
A net bridge
A couple of balancing beams.
An unusual roundabout.
An arched climbing frame.
A musical area.
A very cool flying fox which provided Miss 4 with endless fun!
And resident wildlife in the shape of these two snails and two tortoises.
There is a water feature but it wasn’t working at the time of our visit.
Down the hill, there is another more traditional play structure with slides and a climbing wall.
There are also BBQs, picnic shelters and two ExeLoos.
If you are accompanied by a toddler you will need to keep a close eye on them as there is an area of open water near to the playground.
If you are heading there for the day you wouldn’t even need to pack a picnic as located in the car park is Annie’s Woodfired Pizza Trailer, serving up a small range of delicious wood-fired pizzas ($16), coffees, cakes and cold drinks. The trailer is there Tuesday – Sunday 11am – 7pm and they even take EFTPOS.
Bring along your scooters or bikes and enjoy a ride along the bicycle tracks by the Swan River. There is also plenty of grassy space to enjoy a ball game and Bardon Park is a great place for a spot of fishing.
Bardon Park is located off 4th Avenue, Maylands. There is ample parking available.
- Pullman Resort, Bunker Bay - February 4, 2019
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Fourth Avenue East