Occupying a beautiful spot along the banks of the Swan River, Bardon Park in Maylands is a great spot to play!
There are two playgrounds located at Bardon Park. The first, closest to the car park, is relatively new and contains some unique play equipment and a focus on nature play.
You’ll find a birds nest swing.
A net bridge
A couple of balancing beams.
An unusual roundabout.
An arched climbing frame.
A musical area.
A very cool flying fox which provided Miss 4 with endless fun!
And resident wildlife in the shape of these two snails and two tortoises.
There is a water feature but it wasn’t working at the time of our visit.
Down the hill, there is another more traditional play structure with slides and a climbing wall.
There are also BBQs, picnic shelters and two ExeLoos.
If you are accompanied by a toddler you will need to keep a close eye on them as there is an area of open water near to the playground.
If you are heading there for the day you wouldn’t even need to pack a picnic as located in the car park is Annie’s Woodfired Pizza Trailer, serving up a small range of delicious wood-fired pizzas ($16), coffees, cakes and cold drinks. The trailer is there Tuesday – Sunday 11am – 7pm and they even take EFTPOS.
Bring along your scooters or bikes and enjoy a ride along the bicycle tracks by the Swan River. There is also plenty of grassy space to enjoy a ball game and Bardon Park is a great place for a spot of fishing.
Bardon Park is located off 4th Avenue, Maylands. There is ample parking available.
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - January 12, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - July 24, 2017
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Experience, Perth - July 9, 2017
- Kids Wonderland 2017 Review, 5th – 9th July - July 4, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.