Barwon Park Craigiesituated in the family-friendly suburb of Craigie, Barwon Park Craigie has a great mixture of play equipment and green space to keep most active kids busy.
On our visit, my Miss 3 immediately headed to the wood chip area first. This is a good spot for toddlers and kids who like imaginative play. It features a tunnel to crawl through, noughts and crosses, an abacus, and a playhouse with seating.
This area also has two lots of fun balancing logs of different heights, with a third in the sandpit area. Miss 3 had a ball hopping across these.
Beyond the wood chips, there is a large traditional style play structure in the middle of the sandpit. This structure has two slides, lots of climbing bars, a rope bridge, and a rock climbing wall. The top level includes a steering wheel, and the bottom, in the sandpit, has a shop or playhouse for imaginative play.
Connected to this large structure is a flying fox, another rope bridge, and a spider web to climb.
Nearby in the sandpit there is also a spring rocker see-saw. Another hit with miss 3, who shared a rock with Elmo who came with us.
Barwon Park also features a dual swing set, with a regular swing and a toddler swing.
In addition to being play equipment, there is lots of open green space to run around and kick a ball, and a long pathway for riding bikes or scooters up and down. If you’re into the current rock hiding craze, you may even get lucky and find some painted rocks like we did.
We found a comfortable bench to sit on with a perfect view of the play equipment. So if you’re having one of those days where you just need to take a moment, the kids can go nuts on the play equipment while you relax and still have them in your sights.
Barwon Park Craigie is located at 11 Barwon Road in Craigie.
Why not combine your visit with a stop at Distrykt Coffee for coffee and a snack? This lovely cafe is located a few minutes away off Gradient Drive, in Beldon.
- Family Friendly Events for March - February 15, 2019
- Red Man Cucina, Bedford - February 14, 2019
- Schlice, Morley - February 14, 2019
- Sugar & Nice, Inglewood - February 12, 2019
- Chinese New Year Events in Perth - January 29, 2019
- Best Playgrounds for Flying Fox Fun in Perth - January 20, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 11 Barwon Rd