Bert Wright Park is a small nature playground located behind the library and community centre in Bayswater. For a small area, there is plenty to offer, the park has a nature play area, Basketball hoop, expanse of grass, concrete pathway and BBQ and covered picnic table.
The playground was popular even on a cold winter morning, with a number families enjoying the nature play. Most of the park has been created out of recycled timber and rocks and provided good climbing and balancing play.
There is also a birds nest swing and a concrete slide. The park is a combination of sand and wood chip base.
A concrete pathway runs through and around the park. A young scooter rider was enjoying this circuit when we visited. As well as the picnic table there are a couple of park benches at the edge of the play areas.
There is currently a sandpit where the old playground was but there are plans to replant this with turf in spring.
Bert Wright Park is only small but there’s plenty of fun to be had. You could take a picnic or just a short walk away are a number of coffee shops on King William St.
Bert Wright Park is located behind the Library and Community Centre on King William St, Bayswater. Free 4hr parking on side streets.
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
- Cape View Beach Resort, Busselton - March 20, 2018
- Busselton Jetty - March 20, 2018
- Canning River Cafe - March 20, 2018
- Kalamunda Fairy Door Trail - February 20, 2018
- Penny Garden Restaurant, Swan Valley - January 29, 2018
- Lavender Bistro and Boutique, Swan Valley - January 16, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.