Bert Wright Park is a small nature playground located behind the library and community centre in Bayswater. For a small area, there is plenty to offer, the park has a nature play area, Basketball hoop, expanse of grass, concrete pathway and BBQ and covered picnic table.
The playground was popular even on a cold winter morning, with a number families enjoying the nature play. Most of the park has been created out of recycled timber and rocks and provided good climbing and balancing play.
There is also a birds nest swing and a concrete slide. The park is a combination of sand and wood chip base.
A concrete pathway runs through and around the park. A young scooter rider was enjoying this circuit when we visited. As well as the picnic table there are a couple of park benches at the edge of the play areas.
There is currently a sandpit where the old playground was but there are plans to replant this with turf in spring.
Bert Wright Park is only small but there’s plenty of fun to be had. You could take a picnic or just a short walk away are a number of coffee shops on King William St.
Bert Wright Park is located behind the Library and Community Centre on King William St, Bayswater. Free 4hr parking on side streets.
- Cafe 63, Westfield Carousel - October 4, 2018
- Decadent C’s, Mandurah - October 3, 2018
- Zoorassic Park at Perth Zoo - September 20, 2018
- Pre-Schoolers Mornings, Waterford Plaza - September 18, 2018
- S&R Orchard Blossom Festival - September 6, 2018
- Belmont Forum – Playspace - August 13, 2018
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - August 13, 2018
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: King William Street