We discovered this great little park just around the corner from Little Banksia Cafe in Kensington. It has a lot of features including a nature play area and playground. The main play area is covered with shade sails and the nature play area is shaded naturally. The afternoon we went was warm so the natural shade and trees around the park were lovely.
The playground area is sand based and has a good range of equipment. It has a double swing, one toddler and one normal and a bouncy balance board.
There is a monkey bar activity for large older children. The Enduro is like monkey bars but has no rings.
And a free-standing climbing wall.
The play equipment has a flying fox, slide and climbing activities.
The nature play area is behind the playground and had a variety of balancing and stepping challenges. The long sticks that looked like pencils were a great climbing challenge for my Miss 3.5. She had to think about where she was putting her feet and which stick to move to next.
The park also has a basketball hoop and a netball goalpost giving older kids something to do too. The court area is only shaded naturally but when we were there it was well shaded.
The park also has a picnic table, BBQ and drink fountain. There is a park bench close to the playground and there is also enough green grass to round around on after a ball or frisbee.
There are a lot of features fitted into a small suburban park and is the perfect place for a play after lunch in the nearby Little Banksia Cafe, you could probably even walk between the two.
Bill McGrath Reserve
Located on Seventh Ave in Kensington.
- Secret Garden Cafe and Patisserie, South Perth - June 19, 2018
- Riverton Library, Riverton - June 14, 2018
- Tumblers Kids Gym, Riverton Leisureplex - June 7, 2018
- The Local Shack, Forrestfield - June 5, 2018
- PJ Masks at Karrinyup Shopping Centre - April 17, 2018
- Castledare Miniature Railway - April 10, 2018
- The Faraway Tree Cafe and Community Space, Glen Forrest - April 4, 2018
- Blasta Brewing Company, Burswood - March 26, 2018
- Cape View Beach Resort, Busselton - March 20, 2018
- Busselton Jetty - March 20, 2018
Claire Tondut is currently a stay-at-home mother of one daughter and a puppy. When she is not chasing little Miss around she loves to spend time with hubby, friends and family.