In the heart of Lesmurdie is Bill Shaw Reserve. The suburban park in the Perth Hills is like many other Perth parks with the playground made up of a sand fall area with a large playframe that features a slide, climbing nets, climbing wall and more.
There are also a couple of swings, one being for babies/toddlers. This play area is covered by shade sails in warmer months. Next to the playground, there is a covered picnic table and BBQ.
The quiet park is in a residential area and is not fenced. There is ample space to kick a footy, chuck a frisbee or fly a kite on the large grassed area, which is fringed by large gumtrees. There’s quite a lot of space to throw down a picnic rug in a shady spot.
Next to the play area is an exercise area. There’s stepping equipment, peddling bike and more. Little kids might find their legs are too short to use it, but older children will be able to and it faces the playground, so parents will be able to work out while still keeping an eye on their children playing.
At the Canning Road end of the park is another shaded picnic table and BBQ next to the basketball court. Across the road is Walliston Deli, which does take away food, drinks and snacks.
There is ample parking available and dogs are welcome too, as long as they are on a leash. There is a modern toilet block, a water fountain and water trough for your furry friends too.
Find Bill Shaw Reserve on the corner of 302 Canning Road and Grove Road, Lesmurdie.
- Golden Ponds, Baldivis - January 15, 2019
- Watermans Bay Beach and Playground - January 10, 2019
- Greenhorns Burger Bar, Perth CBD - January 9, 2019
- Burns Beach Cafe Burns Beach - January 3, 2019
- Moonlight Cinema, Kings Park - December 31, 2018
- King Road Brewing Co, Oldbury - December 21, 2018
- Places to Stop on the Way to South West WA - December 18, 2018
- Best Outdoor Cinema Perth – including roof top cinema and drive in cinema - December 12, 2018
- Masonmill Gardens, Carmel - December 6, 2018
- Rottnest Island Explorer Bus - November 30, 2018
Amanda Carlin has her own blog - The Chef, His Wife and Their Perth-fect Life. The Chef's Wife LOVES to eat out in our beautiful city and discover new spots to dine. Amanda and Chef love tapas or something a little fancy for date night and with their son "Little Chef" in tow there's plenty of family friendly options too.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: 302 Canning Rd