Booyeembara Park located on Montreal Street in Fremantle is gorgeous parkland with plenty of open space, bush land, walking circuits and a central man-made lake.
Located within the park is a small quirky playground. The centre piece of the playground is an unusual 5 way swing. The swings are designed for children aged 6 – 12 years. They have a chain that positions across the chest to prevent users jumping into the centre of the swing area and colliding with others. If younger children are using the swings you need to keep a close eye on them as the chain can pose a hazard if they slip off and it catches them around the neck.
The swing area is floored with wood chip and is covered by shade sails during the hotter months.
Next to the swing area is a nature themed play area with huge logs, some of which have carvings in and a log stepping stones.
There is also some musical play equipment which includes ‘Tubano’ drums and ‘Eyechimes’. Toddlers will find the drums to high to play with.
While the playground is currently suited to children over the age of 4, toddler equipment is planned for the next stage of development at Booyeembara park. Fitness equipment is also planned.
Next to the play area is lots of open space perfect for running around on and participating in ball games.
There is an area with lots of large trees – great for a game of hide n seek.
There are also a couple of BBQs close by but no picnic tables/shelters.
There are toilets situated close to the playground up a steep embankment, next to the car park. They are composting toilets so if your child has any kind of phobia about falling down the toilet then they may not like to use these toilets!
For the older kids, there is also a skate park.
- Rainbow Island Treasure Hunt VR at The WA Shipwrecks Museum - January 13, 2019
- Silks Crown Perth - January 9, 2019
- Ningaloo Dome Experience, WA Maritime Museum - January 6, 2019
- Kids Summer Fest, Elizabeth Quay - January 4, 2019
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - January 3, 2019
- Christmas ArtVo at Crown Perth - December 18, 2018
- Bistro 38 Champagne Carvery Chococlate Buffet at Joondalup Resort - December 2, 2018
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - November 28, 2018
- Little Creatures, Fremantle - August 21, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 10 and 8 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Montreal Street