Braithwaite Park in Mount Hawthorn has recently had a makeover and now is home to a fabulous Nature Play Area designed primarily for 10 – 14 year olds. Although younger children will have just as much fun!
Nature Play Areas have huge benefits for children and encourage them to play in more diverse, imaginative and creative ways.
These Cubby Houses are going to provide huge scope for imaginative play once the plants grow around them.
The Play Area is constructed around the philosophy of nature-based elements and includes features such as logs, stepping stones, ropes, obstacles, plants and a zip line!
There is plenty of fun to be had crossing the rope bridge to the fortes.
Maybe bring a change of clothes and a towel for younger children as they won’t be able to resist the water feature.
The playground also features toilets, BBQs and drinking fountains.
Braithwaite Park is located on Scarborough Beach Road.
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - January 12, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - July 24, 2017
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Experience, Perth - July 9, 2017
- Kids Wonderland 2017 Review, 5th – 9th July - July 4, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.