Place Category: Playgrounds
Just down the road from Waldecks Stirling is a neat little playground on a leafy street, is Candella Square Playground. This is a well maintained small playground.
The main playground structure includes a twisty slide, a curved flying fox, a wooden climbing wall, a climbing pole as well as the usual steps and ladders. Miss 2.5 found a steering wheel and a telescope near the top for imaginative play. There is a climbing tube with a metal ladder and handle holds inside that I don’t think I’ve come across before. Great for stronger, older children.
Outside the main structure, the is a spring rocker, spinning pole, and spring seesaw.
There are also two swings, both toddler and regular.
The main play structure is surrounded by sandfall. Great if you want to bring a bucket and spade or some trucks. There is no shade sail, the playground relying on natural shaded from surrounding trees. At the time we visited in the afternoon, most of the play structure was shaded and cool, but some things like the see-saw were in full sun and Miss 2.5 said they were too hot. So worth a quick check before sitting.
The park area has lots of grassed area for ball games or walking the dog, and paths suitable for riding or roller skating. There is a water fountain along the path by the playground, but no toilets we could see.
The playground is partly fenced, set beside the wetlands. Little wanderers will need to be watched as they may be tempted into the water by the passing water birds. Miss 2.5 thought it was great watching the ducks and waterfowl on the water.
Overall though, a great little playground with something for all ages. We spent a good hour here before Miss 2.5 decided she’d had enough.
Candella Square Playground is located on the corner of Candella Square and Varese Road, Stirling, in the Princeton Estate. There is free 3-hour roadside parking available.
- Family Friendly Events for March - February 15, 2019
- Red Man Cucina, Bedford - February 14, 2019
- Schlice, Morley - February 14, 2019
- Sugar & Nice, Inglewood - February 12, 2019
- Chinese New Year Events in Perth - January 29, 2019
- Best Playgrounds for Flying Fox Fun in Perth - January 20, 2019
- Family Friendly Events for February - January 17, 2019
- Australia Day Events Perth 2019 - January 15, 2019
- City of Perth – Family Friendly Australia Day Events - January 8, 2019
- Animaze: Amazing Animals for Kids - January 3, 2019
Holly Clark is currently a stay at home mum of one, a self-confessed coffee addict and a baker of sweet treats. She studied Professional Writing and Editing and occasionally writes on her recipe blog, Lucky Star's Kitchen
- Member Reviews
- AddressAddress: Candella Square