Carawatha Park is a fantastic nature playground catering for all ages and abilities. It features many non-traditional items that you won’t find in other parks around Perth.
The park features extensive nature play including water play
A large slide mound with a wide polished concrete slide.
A climbing bridge
A tree deck with climbing frame featuring a scramble net and fireman’s pole
Balancing beams and stepping-stones
Cubby building area
Wood carvings are scattered throughout the park for you to discover. We loved this little fairy door.
There is space specially created for teens which includes a skate path, outdoor ping pong table, basketball hoop, birds nest swing and sheltered lounge area.
Bring along your scooter as there are plenty of pathways perfect for scooting around on.
Carawatha Park also has a large grassy area that includes a set of AFL practice goals.
There several shaded picnic shelters plus a two plate BBQ.
A big plus is an accessible toilet.
If you want to combine your visit to the park with a workout there is a range of outdoor exercise equipment shaded by Macadamia trees.
Carawatha is shaded by huge mature trees.
There is a small car park but this does get full very quickly but there is more parking available in the surrounding streets and on the large grassy space next to the park.
Carawatha Park is located on Archilbald Street in Willagee.
- Doughnut Decorating at Epicurean Crown Perth - July 3, 2018
- Kids Wonderland 2018 Review, 4th – 8th July - July 2, 2018
- Silks Crown Perth - June 22, 2018
- Sunflowers Animal Farm, Margaret River - May 7, 2018
- 140 Kids! Perth - April 16, 2018
- Latitude Perth - March 16, 2018
- The Unbelievables, Crown Theatre Perth - January 19, 2018
- Easy Halloween Food Ideas - October 14, 2017
- Timezone, Joondalup - September 23, 2017
- Rottnest Carnivale October 28th 2017 - September 11, 2017
Jennie McNichol is the co-founder of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in television for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 9 and 6 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.